Monday, September 10, 2012

September 10, 2012

 


 
To Sister Brooke's Friends -- she needs more of your mailing addresses in order to return a letter to you.  She can't e-mail you back.  Please send her a letter with your address.  She loves hearing from you!!  Thanks so much for your support!  

Sister Brooke Johnson
Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission
7951 SW 6th Street, Suite 110
Ft. Lauderdale, FL  33324-3211
 
Family,
 
This past week has just flown by! We have transfers next week so I will be emailing on Tues again! I cant believe I have already hit my 3 month mark! I absolutely love being a missionary and I love being here! Last night we got to go to the CES fireside that Elder Holland spoke at! it was INCREDIBLE! He knows his stuff! He was just talking about not 'checking out religion at the door' and holding to our standards! he also talked about attack Babylon on fleeing no more! you should listen to it if you get the time! it was super good! 
 My comp is so awesome! Shes from north cali in a town called ukiah! She's the baby of two sisters and one bro. Her dad is the bishop in her ward. She's been going to BYU-I (we're pretty sure we've seen each other) and shes studying humanities! She'll go back when she gets home in April! shes a lot like me. we get along really well! I'm a little nervous for transfers next week cuz i know i could be leaving... or my comp could be leaving and i would have to take over the area...! yikes! I am excited to let you know what happens though! Mother, i miss your cinnamon rolls and jam and all that yummy stuff! I'm pretty sure i talk about your cinnamon at least once a week ha. I have been practicing the piano a little bit here and there! its all coming back to me! which makes me super happy! i will continue to practice when i get a little bit of time to do so! I'm super excited that conference is coming up! i cant wait! its going to be amazing as always! i am ready to hear from all of them! Ive been reading talks from last conference and they just keep getting better and better as i read! School starts at BYU-I today... its crazy to think that I would prob be starting school right now!
I love Elder Scott and the way he talks about his wife. She was an incredible woman! that's for sure! I love how the gospel helps me want to be a better person and a better member of the church! I want more than anything to be who God wants me to be! I pray that he will continue to refine me for the rest of my life so that I can be ready for when Christ comes again! I was reading in 3 Nephi 21:29 and I love how at the end of the verse it says, "and i will be their reward!" Christ is our reward. Exaltation is our reward! I am going to do what ever it takes to make it there! I want nothing more than to be with my family, loved ones, and friends living with our Savior, Jesus Christ, and our Heavenly Father for all eternity! I cant wait! Ive had some great studies on Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. and about the Abrahamic covenant! Its amazing the faith and pure desires of these men and the blessings that they have brought about for all of us!
Last p-day we went bowling and to Olive Garden! I was in heaven! Its was a blast!
Life is great and we are blessed with so many things! please send pic when you get the time! and i cant believe that everyone has started school! that's exciting! time just keeps on moving! please let me know if there is anything i can do for anyone from here! i love you all so much!!! xoxo
 
love sister johnson
 
I LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment