Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 6, 2012 (3 Months!!)




Hello family! thank you for the emails! i loved hearing how your labor day weekend went! it sounds like you had a great one visiting with family, going to the fair, and just enjoying the weekend! I'm so happy to hear that everyone is doing well. if there is one thing that i love to hear its that everyone is doing well and is happy! I love that bri wants a bunny, of course she does ha. you will have to keep me updated on that situation ;) Well as always, i want you to know how much i love you and how grateful i am for each one of you! there isn't a day that goes by without me thanking my Heavenly Father for my family! i love you so much!!
This here on the mish are going so good! i have learned a lot this past week and my testimony has been tremendously strengthened! Everyday i meet people who have nothing, nothing at all compared to all that i have been blessed with. My purpose is to help them receive all the blessings i have! that's my goal! i want everyone to have an amazing family like. I want everyone to come to the knowledge of the gospel. The other day we were walking to our car. There was a hatian woman and her son grabbing groceries. We ran over to her and helped carry them up to her apt. we asked if we could prayer with her and she said yes. we offered the prayer and afterwards she was crying. and we asked what we could do for her and she said her brother had just passed away in hati. my hearted yeared to comfort her. but i cant do that. i couldn't. but i do know how she could receive that comfort and thats through the spirit! he is the comforter! i hope and pray that she seeks to know and learn more about the gospel so she can be blessed with the knowledge of the plan of salvation! Our investigator Miguel is so awesome! i cant wait for  all of you to meet him. he is always asking how our families are doing and if theres anything he can do for us cuz he knows we miss you! he invited us to his moms bday lunch on sat! i hope we can make it! he needs to get baptized! his only excuse is that he doesn't thing hes ready but he totally is! These YSA! they don't like to make commitments! Also, our recent convert, Alex, is incredible! we met him and he was baptized 9 days later. THEN, we go back a couple days after his baptism and he was asking about how he could share the gospel... hello, serve a mission!!! he just turned 22! he has such a pure desire to do whats right and to serve God! People like this strengthen me. The help me be grateful for every little thing i have been given! it has been SO hott here! oh my goodness! we teach mostly guys so we cant go inside so we stand outside and teach the lessons in the boiling sun while they stand inside their door in the AC. no big deal ha. it gets so bad sometimes that i literally feel the sweat drip down my back. its discusting to say the least! oh well- I'm a live and super happy! :) I love the hymn how firm a foundation pg. 85. "ill strengthen thee help thee and cause thee to stand.." I know that he is waiting to help us, waiting to bless us, we just have to call upon him! communication is huge! Heavenly Father wants to hear from us and as we talk with him, he will strengthen us and help us make it through another day! i know it because i have felt it! last week i was bummed out. i was letting life get the best of me and i was struggling! i pleaded that i would be able to recognize the spirit so that i could keep doing his work and what do you know, he helped me and caused me to stand! I have come to realize that when we are having a bad day, week, month we need to sit down and think about where we stand with our Heavenly Father! i know that as we strive to more fully follow the example of Jesus Christ, we will make it! those hard times will become great times! happiness comes from us choosing it! :) and that's what i choose! I literally have the best comp ever! shes amazing! i went on exchanges this week! it was kinda crazy! i was put with a sister that has been her for only 3-4ish weeks! she is my roommate so i know her.. that helped! but i was on my own! I'm still in training haha! it was a great experience and i learned a lot! I love going to members homes. this past week a missionary couple fed us lunch! the spirit is so strong in there home. there truly is a difference in members homes! i wish we could go to a members home everyday ha that would be a great boost!
Well my time is gone again. It goes SO fast! I love you all and cant wait to hear from you next week! its my favorite part of the week! i hope you have an amazing next few days! remember i love you so much! talk to you soon!
love love love, sister johnson
1.banana tree
2. the skreets (streets ha people here call them skreets because the are getto)
3. legit fort
4. alexs baptism!!!
LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment