Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 28, 2012

My p-day is on Tues the 4th next week! Just a heads up! and I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!  Thank you for all of the letters and emails and packages that you send. I know that that's what is keeping me out here. Thank you for all for the love and support! I couldn't do it without you! So there wasn't a hurricane here so I hope that you weren't worrying about me or anything. We had a tropical storm which is lots of rain and wind. We had to stay inside from noon on Sunday until five on Monday. We only had sacrament from 9-10. it  wasn't bad at all. we built a huge fort in our living room. it is pretty sweet! and we had a lot of time to study, ponder and just hang out! we had a baptism amidst the storm :) 
 
 So I have learned how to read in the dark... hatians don't have lights in their homes. its so weird. They just walk around in the dark all the time. I hate it to be honest. I love having all the lights on in the house all the time! its how it should be haha. Their homes are also hotter than outside. its the craziest thing ever! we went and taught antwan on tues. i cant believe that we have been teaching him sense june! hes making progress though and i am determined to see him be baptized. we taught about the spirit on tues and i shared with him about how i have received much strength from the spirit during the loss of grandma. (through tears of course) it was a powerful lesson and he accepted a date for baptism (sept 9) he said the closing prayer and asked the heavenly father would bless me and my family at this hard time of our loss. i wish you could meet him! his prayer was amazing and i was touched that he would think of my family. he came to church for the first time this Sunday! I was ecstatic! I was grinning from ear to ear! That is one of the rewards of missionary work! Yesterday was my comps birthday and we had a lot of fun. I ate way too many goodies! and we have all been crazy cuz we have been stuck in our fort for so long haha. well family, i love all of you with my whole heart! i cant wait to hear how your weekend went with visiting family and such! keep up the great work! love love love you!
 
love sister johnson
 
sorry no pics this week. i will send them in the mail.
 
love love love love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment