Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 20, 2012







The more I learn about Jesus Christ, the more I love being out here. Learning the the gospel is helping me understand my purpose as a missionary and my purpose here on earth. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ truly do love us and I know that everything we go through in this life is only helping us prepare to be with them again.

  We will make it through hard times. There is a wonderful talk a just read in the may 2012 conference ensign called "mountains to climb" by Pres Eyring.  It has really strengthened my testimony this past week.

Sister Andrus and I have been walking a lot because we got our miles cut back on the car. We walked 6 miles two days in a row. Which doesn't sound too bad, but in 98 degree weather and 100% humidity it is challenging. But I am still alive :)

 Sometimes I feel like I am in a different county.... the places people live in, the food they eat, their life styles, everything is so different here. Everyday I am reminded of all of the many many blessings that I have been given. I took so many small and big things for granted before i got out here. my eyes have been opened. that's for sure. We heard news about the Fort Lauderdale temple. They are thinking it will be done by next Aug. so i will still be here! I hope that that's the case because then I will be able to go a few times before I come home! I would love that! As I've told you before there are so many lizards here. but there is one that i don't like. they call it the cubin curly tail. they are just weird. and nasty. ha. they also have banana spiders here. they are huge and they are everywhere. also, i got attacked my mosquitoes the other day after a rain storm and i prob have 50 bites on each leg. I cant wait until they are gone.

We hope to have a handful of baptisms soon. The Lord blesses us indirectly sometimes. I haven't gotten Morgan's address yet.  Well, my time is gone, gone, totally gone. I love you all so much! I continue to pray for all of you and I hope that you are all well and happy! I cant wait to write you again in a week! take care!!

all my love, sister brooke johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment