Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July 30, 2012

My companion is a super hard worker and she loves sharing the gospel. She is also very knowledgable and so I am learning a lot from her. Our personalities are pretty much exactly the same and so we do have our clashes but I love her. We went to a place here last week that was just like the soup plantation in cali! I was in heaven! It was sooo yummy. and I also tried sushi this week. It wasn't too bad actually. There is a Korean in our branch that is a sushi chef and he moved here from Korea about 6 years ago. So that was a fun experience. I see all of the flowers/plants that I had to memorize my last semester at school. Its actually really cool because now I know I learned them for a reason! Its always fun to rack my brain and try to remember the 120 flowers/plants that I learned about. It is so hot here! The heat is what ever but the humidity is a killer! The other night it was 95 at 9:30pm. I am so glad that our apt has ac. I forgot to tell you that I went to Miami a few weeks ago. We had a special training there!

Sorry my emails are so scattered i just try to remember everything that happened this past week! I miss eating fresh raspberries! I wish there was a way you could send them to me haha. But I will live!  I am overwhelmed with happiness! The gospel is amazing and through Jesus Christ all things are made possible! Also I was thinking about the song come come ye saints there is a verse that goes like this "and should we die before our journeys through, happy day, all is well. We then are free from toil and sorrow too..." Blake is happy! All is well! He is free from pain and sorrow! He has entered into a place of rest. Rest from every worldly thing! What a lucky guy! and whats important is that he wants that for all of us. Sure we miss him a lot. soooo much. and yeah we all have our rough days and it feels like we aren't going to make it. but we are going to make it. The Savior has overcome the world! and because He has so will we! Every trial we are faced with is only there to help us apply the atonement and to be strengthened in the gospel! family I love you!  I love being a missionary and despite the hard hard days, it is so rewarding. and I am becoming a better person! I hope that you all have the best week ever!
love love love, sister johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment