Friday, August 10, 2012

August 7, 2012

Brooke's beautiful grandmother Judy passed away on Friday, August 3, 2012.  This is a portion of her e-mail in response to the news.  
 
 The strengthening power of the atonement is amazing and he is freely offer it to us and this time of need. I know that grandma is happy as well. and i am so glad that you know it too mom. she has been "taken home to that God who gave her life" and she has been "received into a state of happiness... a state of rest, a state of peace, where she shall rest from all her troubles and from all care, and sorrow." (Alma 40:11,12) I can just see all of her loved who's who passed on before her rejoicing when she was received into heaven. What a blessing the plan of salvation is in our lives. I know now more than ever that "... the family is central to the creator's plan for the eternal destiny of us, his children." and that "the divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave." (The Family: A proclamation to the World) Death is only the beginning of the wonderful and happy life that Heavenly Father has planned for us. Yesterday we were at district training and because transfers are tomorrow, elders and sister from our district are going home. so of course we sang "God be with you til be meet again" I could just see grandma, clothed in pure white saying to all of us, "God be with you til be meet again." I know that as we call upon the Lord he will send his Spirit to be with us til we see all of our loved ones again. To give us relief of the sorrow and pain that we feel. God knows the thoughts of our hearts. He knows what we need and when we need it. He will, "ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders that even you cannot feel them upon your backs.." the Lord will "strengthen you that you can bear up your burdens with ease ..." (Mosiah 24:12-15). I know all of these thing to be true. In the past few days, my testimony of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, has be strengthened in ways I never knew it could be. I have received more peace and comfort than I ever have before. I know that he is here with each one of us as we are now faced with a new challenge to overcome. 

with all of my love, Sister Brooke Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment