Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26, 2012

 


 
November 26, 2012
Fam Fam,

Well its been another great week on the mission! Let me tell you all about my Thanksgiving because I know that's what you want to hear about. It was weekly planning (every Thursday we plan for about 3 hours) then we ate Thanksgiving dinner at 5 with princess and her family. They are Hatian. It was mostly American food with a few Hatian things such as rice, cakes, veggies and what not. Then we went to Santiago's later that night for dessert. It was a really great day and went by fast! I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary and really it just felt like we were eating a big meal. It didn't feel like a holiday. I know its just because I wasn't with the family!

We were blessed to have a baptism on Saturday! Tavon is 19 and he is a super funny guy! He is dating our last baptism (Shavelaney). We love them so so much and they have become some of my dearest friends. We had been praying all week that he would have time off work to be able to be baptized. We kept pushing forward and doing our best to stay in contact with him and help him prepare for baptism. Because Heavenly Father loves us SO much, we were able to see him Friday night (miracle #1) and see if he could get work off on Saturday to be baptized which he did (miracle #2) and then Friday night we put together his baptism and he was baptized on Friday and confirmed on Sunday! It was AMAZING! I will send pictures!

Friday night when we were driving home we passed the swap shop which is a place where you can buy stuff for cheap. They have everything there. Its a bunch of booth of people selling things. They also have 10 drive in theaters there. So... as we were driving by at night, we saw Twilight playing on all of the screens! haha it was a reality check. Sometimes I forget that real life is still happening. The moment I saw I felt like I should of been there opening night with Shine haha.That's okay I will watch it with her when I get home!
 
So, we are only able to listen to songs sung by the Mormon tabernacle choir. luckily they have some awesome Christmas music :) we've been listening to 'grown up Christmas list' everyday! its normally sung by amy grant so it makes me think of you every time mom. its on the amy grant cd that we always listen to around Christmas. We found a Christmas tree in the mission garage today and I will prob set it up this afternoon! Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a tree!! Because I love 'The Grinch' so much I committed Santiago to watch it for me! haha he went out and bought and said he would tell me all about it after he watched it! its as close as I get to doing the things I love to do around Christmas time!

Today for p-day we are going to the Sawgrass mill which is a super HUGE mall. it will be interesting! I'm still trying to catch up with writing all my friends back! They all wrote me at the same time! Kinzie and her husband and friends are all on a cruise right now. I remember when they booked it! its kinda weird to think how fast time is going! We have transfers coming up on the 6th so next week I wont email until Tues the 4th.
 
It sounds like everyone had a great Thanksgiving with family! I missed everyone so much! but I always do so it was just like every other day. I am happy to hear that grandpa reads and studies the book of Mormon during this time. Its so good to know that he is holding strong to the gospel and progressing!
 
Well, I hope this email finds you all well and happy! Hopefully I will have more interesting things to write next week. We do so much in one day here that I forget what to write because I cant remember everything that happened! I love you all so much! I'm excited to write next week!

love you with my whole heart,

sister johnson

 I LOVE YOU!

Missionaries, we were so close to our goal of 150. We finished with 131 baptisms for November!!! This month of December is a special month as we celebrate the Birth of our Savior. What better gift can we give the Savior than souls baptized unto repentance. What better way to have a “White Christmas” in South Florida, than to have God’s children dressed in white and be baptized in His Son’s name.

November 24, 2012
 
Dear Brother and Sister Johnson:
 
Hello! My name is Santiago Tovar. I'm a member in the Nova YSA Branch. How are you doing!?? I hope you are doing wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving!!! I wanted to send you this email and picture of your daughter! I too served a mission and know how concerned parents could be for their missionaries. I wanted you to know that she had a place to spend this holiday, a place were she was welcomed, a place were she is greatly appreciated for her service, an adopted home per say...
 
We love your daughter! We are so grateful for the sacrifice that you have made in order get her out here. I know how much parents give up, and I too know how much you have gained  and will gain through the Lord's blessings. I want you to know that she is a fantastic missionary, that she works very hard and honors your name by her actions. Im the Branch mission leader, so I have had the great opportunity to work closely with her and can say this with full confidence. Thank you for doing such a outstanding job raising her! We are taking care of your missionary and working hard to help them in the work as well. Sister Johnson has shared with me that her brother is putting his papers soon! Congratulations for that as well!
 
Let me know if you need anything and thank you again!
 
Sincerely,
 
Santiago Tovar

1 comment:

  1. I apologize for intruding on your blog, and I'm not sure if you're getting to write on it directly, or if your parents are doing it for you - but from Santiago's post, it appears you might be serving near the Nova YSA ward. I have a friend who moved from Brazil to Florida this past month, and she has no friends in Florida yet. She is not a member, but she is open to the idea of going to YSA activities to meet people and make friends. If you or anyone else happens to see this post, and has contact information - emails are best, but phone numbers are good too - I would greatly appreciate info being sent to me at kes18@hotmail.com.

    Thank you very much!
    Bryan Cahoon

    ReplyDelete