Thursday, December 6, 2012

December 4, 2012

 



 
 
 
1. Our most recent convert, Tavon, hes 19. Hopefully he will serve a mission! how cool would that be?!
2. Me lighting the tree
3. Crazy crazy Christmas lights, there were SO many
4. Santa baby

 
Hey best family ever,
 
First things always first, I love and miss you all! I hope that your holiday season is going very well and that you are able to feel of my love for you at this time of our distance! There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of each one of you individually and how or what you are doing at the time you come to mind.
 
I am in Nova YSA with Sister Holyan for another transfer! I've been here for quite a while now. I guess I have not finished the work I need to do in this area yet. I love it here though. Being with people my age is so much fun. I love sharing the gospel with others that I can really relate with. Its such a blessing in my life. We are being blessed with so many wonderful people to teach during the Christmas season! We are hoping to have a miracle baptism tomorrow for a young man that we met just a few days ago. His mom is moving on Thursday and he wants her to be there for the baptism so we got special permission for him to be baptized tomorrow! We will see how things work out! There is nothing in this world that brings me greater happiness than to see someone join the church and receive the blessings of the gospel in to their lives. Most of our recent converts are so incredible! They offer rides to our investigators when they themselves have only been baptized for 3 weeks! Its amazing what the gospel of Jesus Christ can do for each one of us in our lives. To see people apply to atonement into their lives has been a wonderful blessing to me. It strengthens my testimony and helps me recognize the love that our Savior has for each one of us. Things here are going very well and I am more than grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve.
 
I have had many challenges this past transfer that have caused me to kneel in sincere prayer every night to ask for guidance and direction. I read a talk by elder Holland just a few weeks ago that really offered peace and comfort to my heart. In this talk he says, "I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy.... How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him?" I know that its through my Savior, Jesus Christ, that I can find peace and comfort during challenging times. He has felt what I have. He knows where I am and what I am doing at all times. Its trough the Savior that we are lifted in times of despair. He leaves an amazing promise at the end of his talk, one that I am especially grateful for. He says,"I PROMISE that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, and set you and your family free. That is my missionary promise to you and your missionary message to the world." What a powerful statement. I am thankful for the challenges and trails that come my way (maybe not so much in the middle of them) but, as I look back, I realize all of the many many blessings and growing experiences that came as I was passing through a specific trial or challenge. "No matter what trials or challenges we many face in our lives, the Savior and his teachings-the gospel-will help us." (PMG)
 
Each month I get a letter from the Thayne stake just giving me a few updates. This month Pres Hyde wrote and it was so good to hear from him. He shared a lot about Christmas and how important it is to give our hearts. That is what I am striving to do this Christmas season is to give the Savior my heart.
 
I am grateful for all of the support that I receive from everyone back at home. I am the luckiest missionary EVER! I feel your love and it keeps me going! There's nothing like receiving mail from home and loved ones. Family, I love you and pray for you always. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for all that you do for me. We are one, without all of you I wouldn't be as strong as I am. I hope that you all have an incredible week! talk to you soon! :)
 
love always, sister johnson
 
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment