Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December 17, 2012





 To all Sister Brooke's friends and family . . . . . . .
Thank you so much for loving and supporting her on her mission!  I appreciate all your letters and boxes to her.  She looks so happy in her photos! 
 
FAMILY,

I will prob be calling sometime between 9-10:30 your time. I only have 45min max. Santiago said he would call this week to make sure everything is set up with skype but, maybe you could call him. I am SO SO SO excited to skype with you! Its going to be nothing less than amazing! I will email on the 24th although it prob won't be til around 9 your time that I am emailing. To be honest, I'm not really sure what the 24th day will be like I just know we will find some way to email that day.


Our Christmas party was so much fun! I loved being with all of the missionaries and it was great to see Sister Andrus again! I miss her! She gets to go home in April so that was the last time I will see her most likely until I come home. Last week flew by because we had a busy week. We had some kind of mission meeting almost every day and then we had the party too. I am grateful that it went by fast. I am excited to open the presents on Christmas! Due to the week going by so fast, I am unable to remember a whole lot of what happened. Everyone seems to be doing great.
 
I had a really great experience this week. we went to see our recent convert, Ricardo, and I realized that he is one of the reasons I am out here. I know that I was meant to share my testimony with him and to help him come unto Christ. He's incredible. During the week he invited someone to be baptized and then testified to them. He's so great, and he did all of that before he was confirmed on Sunday! Heavenly Father truly is preparing his children to receive the gospel at this time. Ricardo reminds me some what of Alma. He has experienced such a conversion that all he desires to do now is to help others come unto Christ. Ricardo is a great example to me and I am learning a lot from him.
 
We have been knocking on doors a lot lately. We always do at least one hour a day but, because we need to find people, we have been knocking more than that. I now have callus' on my knuckles. Pretty right? The mission is best thing that has ever happened to me. I am filled with joy each day knowing that I have the opportunity for the rest of my life to share the gospel with all of those that I come in contact with!
 
I love you each so much! I cant wait to talk to you in a week. Like actually talk to you. What a blessing! Best Christmas present ever for sure! I hope you have a great week!

xoxoxo
sister johnson

ps, Sister Holyan and I are definitely sleeping under the Christmas tree all week :)

I LOVE YOU FAMILY! TALK TO YOU SOON! WHOOO!




No comments:

Post a Comment