Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February 11, 2013







I am so excited for Bri's baptism this weekend! I can't believe that it is already here. Please tell Bri thank you for the cards and the bracelet! I love them! The package was a great surprise! Thank you so so so much! I loved the "smile" quote! Its super cute and its on my dresser! I look at it every day! We e-mail at a comp college that a Bishop here owns. Its really nice! I really hope we get to chat next week! whooo! If they are closed here we will just go somewhere else!
This week has been better. The email dad sent me last week was really humbling and it helped me have a better perspective about the challenges that I am facing right now. As I was driving the other day I looked over at a billboard and in bold lettering it said "LOVE WHAT YOU DO!" I realized in that moment that I just need to love what I am doing right now, love where I am at, love my companion, love the ward, the work, I just need to love everything! As I took that and strived to apply it I noticed that things went a lot better for the rest of the week! One of the homes we went into this week to bless had our couches! It was crazy- I walked in and we went to kneel in the living room to pray and they have both of the couches we have and the pillows too! It took me back home just for a bit and it was refreshing! I am grateful for tender mercies!
These upcoming two weeks, I have been asked to go on exchanges! I will be going to Stuart which is north of where I am at. It will be fun to see what its like up there! I will also be going to Boyton Beach which is about 20 min south of me. I love exchanges because I always learn so much about missionary work and about myself as a missionary. I also love being with other sisters and just trying to help them learn and grow as well. I remember looking up to Sis Andrus so much! She was always going on exchanges, everyone always said I had the best trainer, and she was just the ultimate example to me. I always told myself if I could just be like Sis Andrus I'll have it made! Well, now I am having the privileges that she had when I was with her. It's humbling, and it is stretching me but I am so grateful for these opportunities. "The cultivation of Christlike qualities is a demanding and relentless task-it is not for the seasonal worker or for those who will not stretch themselves, again and again."
The meaning of love has begun to take on a new meaning for me. I don't feel like I've every really had to "learn" how to love someone. It is something that I feel like should and normally does come natural for me. But, I am having to learn how to love my companion. She is really great and we get along. Its just going above and beyond that and truly loving her. Multiple times throughout the day I just run through my head "love her Brooke, just love her" I have also realized that love sometimes requires us to do things we don't want to do or to really search deep for ways we can help the person we are trying to love. Again, its been a humbling experience. If you cant tell from my emails- I am being humbled! and I` am forever grateful for it!
There are beggars all over here, and one came up to our window the other day and he was saying "please, please anything will help. please, please, please...." I usually just do the typical "act like you don't see them" but he really caught my attention. All I could hear as he stood at my window was "please, please anything will help." I reached into the cup holder where I put change and gave him prob a total of 50 cents. But what I took from him was worth more than that. I am like him. I am pouring out my heart to my Savior saying "please, please anything will help. Please, please offer me the guidance and direction from the spirit that I am desperately in need of. Please, please...." In life, there are many lessons to be learned. They are every where. all day every day. That experience was something simple. Something I see and hear every day. But when I take the time to step back and allow my spirit to be taught, I learn a great lesson!
Last week for p-day Sister Ellett and I went over to the island and then we walked over the drawbridge and around the water way. It was so beautiful! I loved it. I miss taking my thought provoking walks. Or just walking and chatting with you and Bri, and friends. It was relaxing! I hope you enjoy the pics I took for all of you!
Family, I love you! So much! I am so grateful for you. I know I say that every week but I hope you can feel it as I tell you! have so much fun at Bris baptism and being with family this weekend! I will be thinking and praying for you all as always!
with all my love,
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment