Monday, March 4, 2013






1. candy store at the city place mall.
2. this is a view of the island. there is a member that invited us over to eat who lives right next to the water way. we went on top of their club house area and this is the view! SO SO SO pretty!
3. heart wall! so fun!
4. smiles

hello family,
What a week it has been for me. Fast and testimony meetings are a little different for me out here. I sit on the edge of my seat and pray with all my heart that there won't be a crazy testimony or that our investigators won't be paying attention when there is one. haha. Yesterday we had three investigators at church- it was a huge blessing! One that the Lord literally just dropped in front of us. There were a lot of testimonies about baptism for the dead... which is fine for people who know what that is and have a testimony of it. Afterwards one of our investigators was like, I don't believe that. That's not true.... well all I could do is testify and try to simply explain what it was. We have a apt with him tomorrow so... hopefully it goes well! I love Bri's necklace hangers! How adorable! I love chatting with Jake its really nice. I always hope I can be a support to him. I got the pics and letter about Bri's baptism! I show the pics to our investigators! I love sharing my family with others. I show almost everyone our family pic which is on my scripture case. I really enjoy hearing from you! I really appreciate it! Its always good to hear from your friends. I am so happy that you got the see Matt and Shine and Walmart! What a nice surprise! Tyler is going to BYU-I! whooo! I wrote him back this morning trying to convince him of it and then e-mails today he told me he is going to transfer! He will have a blast with all the other guys being there. Star Valley is going to over run BYU-I. ha just kidding. 
This past week was one of my hardest weeks in the mission. I struggled big time. I haven't cried that much in quite a long time. Nor have i felt so alone for a while either.
On a happy note I am feeling much better today. Happiness is a choice that we must choose each and everyday of our lives. Its not a expression only, its a way of life, a state of mind. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who is patient and full of mercy. I know that this week is going to be a good one! We are going to find someone to baptize! I know they are here! Its driving me crazy that I haven't found them yet but its coming. I can feel it. We are so close!
There is a verse of scripture that really changed the way I was looking at things. Isaiah 49:16 "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." I thought about my hands. how I feel with my hands, the things I can do with my hands.... I know when my hands are dirty- I can feel it. I know when there is something on my hand that isn't normally there because I can feel it. After I wash my hands they feel clean and I'm good to go again.
Our Savior feels us. He feels us on "the palm of his hands" he knows when we've sinned. He feels when we are sad and at discomfort. He stood in place of us so that we would not have to suffer. The atonement helps us become more pure. Though our Savior we can find relief, comfort, strength, healing, etc. The atonement washes us clean. I am forever grateful for the atonement of my Savior. This past week it is what kept me going. D&C 6:36-37 "Look unto me in every though; doubt not, fear not. Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. amen." what a promise, to "inherit the kingdom of heaven." that's what I want. That's what I'm working for. I know that through the atonement of Christ all things can be made right.
Family, oh how I love you! thank you for all that you do for me. I know you are busy busy through out the week but I would love some letters :) they always help. You can even just tell me stories. childhood stories, mission stories, anything. I am just happy to hear from you! Its what keeps me going sometimes! I am excited to get the package you sent! :) I didn't know you sent another one! thank you thank you! Well I hope you all have a great week! I am looking forward to writing and hearing from you next Monday! I LOVE YOU FOREVER!
xoxoxxo sister johnson

HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK FAMILY! LOVE YOU MUCH MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment