Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013







1. Sis Megos daughters (she is the one dating our investigator)
2. Exchange with Sis Price she is from Rigby, Idaho and she was the first 19 year old sis in our mission
3. This is the family that showed up on Sunday! what a miracle!
Family,
Well, it sounds like you all had a great week! that's always good for me to hear :) my hives have gotten a lot better. I take a Zyrtec every night and I hardly ever  get them now- its rare when I do! Your hair looks great mom and Bri! I am happy that Shine was able to do that for you! She loved doing your hair! I love that pic that you sent! Three of my favorite people! the other pics you sent this week were fun too! All the boys are almost taller than dad! They all look so big and different! Jordan has changed the most I think! I have a lot of fun things to share with all of you this week!
John Denney who plays for the Miami dolphin football team is in our ward! cool right? I thought the boys might like that one! He is really nice! I talked to him before I even knew who he was and then when I found out I was pretty excited! I invited someone to be baptized in Spanish! That was a big moment for me! I am trying to learn but its hard! I know Jake will do great with is because he is called to serve Spanish speaking! Also that's all he will be around so he will pick it up fast! Yesterday Sis Tuai and I got to church about 10min early and NO one was there.. we were a little confused but we set our stuff on the back bench so that we could see all the ward and continue to try to figure out who is who.  About 5 min before the meeting started everyone started walking in. There was an old women who walked up to the bench where we had our stuff and she said, "who's stuff is on my bench? this is where me and my family sit!" I started laughing and told Sis Tuai to go grab our stuff! It was so funny I couldn't believe that she actually kicked us off her bench. We went to a member home the other day and she has a quilting business! prob the only one in Florida haha. I asked her if she had heard of Linda Taylor and she said of course I have! I told her I know her and that shes my neighbor back home! I told the member she should come visit us sometime! She is working on a really cool quilt right now. Its called 100 wishes. But I guess all of the friends and family members send one block of material with there wish on a card then when you look at the quilt you go to a little book that is also made and see the wish that someone made for you! I thought it was cute! a lot of the places where we were are gated so we usually bike in. but yesterday we didn't have our bikes and we needed to get in through the gate. we pulled up and started (one by one) to go through the 5 members we knew in that area. none of them were answering their phones but about on the 4th person to call the guard at the gate said, "you basically know everyone I will just let you in" it was awesome haha. So know we are just going to start naming names to get into places! biking is good it just takes up so much time some times because I am def not a speed biker ha. We at dinner at the Funn's home yesterday it was yummy! We had pork and corn on the cob watermelon and lemon  bars! they are such a cool family! Our ward is awesome. Its like a ward from back home and I am growing to LOVE it! I cant tell you have fast the weeks are going by for me. Because we go on two exchanges a week the weeks are just gone gone gone! i went down to Miami last week! that was a good time. There are so many people down there! traffic is always crazy and everyone is every where! i hope i get to serve there i think it would be a lot of fun! we are currently waiting for our investigator to get his birth certificate from Mexico so that we can have a wedding on fri or sat and then get him baptized! we are praying for miracles! he is engaged to a member and we love their family so much! they are awesome! it was his birthday this week so we bought him a cake and had a party for him! they make the best food too! everything on the grill! mmmmm...
we saw a huge miracles this week! we have been working with a family since we got to the area. we leave commitments with them and they keep them but they weren't coming to church so we weren't sure what to do. this past week we decided not to go and see them. we still called them to invite them to church but they didn't answer. as sister tuai and i were sitting in church guess who walks in...! they did! we hadn't even left a voicemail when we had called! it was such a blessing to see them there! they really enjoyed service and were participating a lot during Sunday school. they family has been though so much lately and they really need the RESTORED gospel in their lives. they lost their granddaughter and are having to take care of their great granddaughter. i know that them coming on Sunday really strengthen my testimony. everything is done on the Lords time! We also had another investigator show up! we found him knocking on doors! I cant even explain the joy that comes to me when i see others coming unto Christ! its the best! Sister Tuai and I are doing great. i am learning so much from her. she brings things to my attention that I didn't even know were things I needed to work on. It goes to show how important communication is no matter what. if she hadn't of told me I wouldn't have been able to change and she still would of been frustrated with me! Wow where would I be with out my mission?!
Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve. This is honestly the best thing that I could ever do (besides having a family someday). I love my mission with all my heart! and I love my family with all my heart too! I hope you all have a fun week! The garden will start to grow and that will be fun to watch!
love love love sister brooke johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment