Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3, 2013








Family,
I love seeing all of the pictures that you send! Everyone is looking great and happy which is what I like to see! Everyone is getting married, getting married, getting married! I am happy for all of them and I love to see their progression! I am glad you were all able to go to Hailee's wedding! It sounds like it was a good experience for her! I miss the temple so much! I cant wait to go again! Oh how sweet that will be! Thank you for the e-mails mom and dad. I love hearing from you and how you are doing! This past week flew by! going on two exchanges a week makes it go by even faster! We didn't go fishing last week but we are today! I am excited! Hopefully I catch something fun! Last week when we were biking and walking we got caught in a HUGE rain storm. There were flash flood warnings. It was crazy. We saw the lightening so we went to a investigators home and we were there for a bit until the storm died down enough for us to go back out and make out way back to the car. We were soaked- I will send pics. I went on an exchange this week with a sister from Australia. It was a lot of fun! I loved her accent! (on a side note my favorite REO speed wagon song is playing right now in the background! "keep on loving you" what a tender mercy haha) anyways.... I learned so much from this sister. She has been saving for her mission for three years. She is really dedicated and I know that she is going to change so many lives out here! Her family is from Samoa and she is so pretty! Exchanges are a blast! They take a lot but its so worth it! We ate dinner with members last night and that was so special! I love working with ward members and getting to know them. our goal here is to really lift and elevate the ward so that they can do the same for others! We also want to gain their trust because a lot of them have non member friends and family so we know that a lot of our work and success lies within the members.
I'm going to do this email a little different than normal because I am low on time. I will tell you about the pics I am sending :)
I love you with all my heart! You are the best family ever. I know Heavenly Father knew exactly what I needed and you are my family FOREVER. What a blessing in which I am so grateful for! I hope you all have a fun last week of school, work and all that jazz! I miss you bunches!
love love love always, sis brooke johnson
xoxoxoxoxoxo
1. Sis Rameriz is a less active member who has been going through a lot of trials and challenges lately. Sis Tuai and I have offered her some service, we helped clean for a bit, and we visit her every week to see if there is anything that we can help with. We are also teaching her parents about the gospel right now. We pray that they will act upon their faith and prepare to be baptized!
2. Sis Aisa she is so much fun. We had a lot of similarities. She is the oldest and has 3 brothers and 1 sister who is adopted! She worked so hard to be here! It makes me even more grateful for all I have been given. She said when I come to visit her that we can play sand volleyball and just "chill" ausy style ha.
3. Sis Rodgers is a new sister as well. We had a great time. We went and got Cold Stone at the end of the night to top it off! I look forward to seeing her grow through her mission and become who she came here to be
4. This is right before the rain storm came. We were already soaked because it was raining. Then it really came down. I love my bike! It is so comfy and helps me get where I need to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment