Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013


1.  Lunch with the sisters
2.  German and his family!


Hey Johnson Family,
Another week come and gone. Where does time go? I always wonder- it just keeps going, stopping for nothing. That can be bitter sweet sometimes. It sounds like everyone had a wonderful week! Its summer! every day it goes more humid and hott here! man I just melt each day! Its been 100+ each day this past week! ya I know its hard to believe but its true! I had a great week this past week- I learned many many lessons!
The missionary meeting last night was incredible! I am glad you were able to go mom! One of the things that stood out to me was when Pres Packer said,"The greatest teaching is done by a mother..." that is so true! thank you mom for all that you have taught me throughout the years! As well as all that you continue to share with me! I love you mom! at the meeting last night I got to see Santi and Matt! Matt told me that he started his papers yesterday! What a tender moment to see a recent convert progressing so quickly! Matt has incredible desires and he is going to be a solid missionary! I am excited for him! Sacrament meeting was so loud yesterday! There are at least 5 women in our ward who are prego and there are so many families with young kids! They are running every where! I love it! it just makes it a little but difficult on our older investigators but that's okay! ha. We had a lot of miracles yesterday! In the morning we went out to knock on doors and help our investigators get ready for church! to make sure they were up and going! We hadn't seen one of our investigators since Thurs. We stopped by every day and called every day-no response. so we were a little bummed about that but we went there Sunday morning anyways... he wasn't there and didn't answer his phone. So we kept going to all the others. When we got to the church, and walked into sacrament meeting, he was sitting on the back row! He came! and we hadn't seen him for four days! It was such a blessing to see him there! after church he said he felt calm and that he is coming next Sunday! We are going over today to solidify his baptism date! Another miracle was when we found our that our investigator German got his birth certificate in the mail! what a blessing! It came all the way from Mexico! we are planning a wedding and a baptism for him on this Friday! We pray that everything will continue to work out for them! This family is going through a lot and they deserve to have the gospel in their lives! He came to church in a full on suit! He looked great! What a wonderful priesthood holder he will be!
Sister Tuai and I have been playing tennis every morning! Well trying to haha we don't really know how to play we just hit it back and forth! There is a court right by our apartment and so we asked some members if we could barrow their ball and racket! Its been a lot of fun and a great way to get the day started! I got a letter from Sami Newman this past week! The sweetest thing ever! I am going to write her back today! Haile also sent me a letter and in it she included a letter I had written her in 7th grade... I laughed so hard! all I talked about was how cute boys were and basketball. so hilarious! I love that girl.
On exchanges this past week I went to Miami again. I drove in down town Miami. and let me tell you, it was wild! It is def as crazy as everyone says it is! I loved it though! It is ghetto and I love the ghetto! People there are much more humble and they are way cool! I miss serving in a ghetto area some times! I will have to send you a pic of the area I work in now. Its like working in Alpine Utah, big nice pretty houses. I do love this area too and the ward it so much fun!
This past week I have been humbled! I was really struggling this week for a lot of reasons I suppose! I finally asked Heavenly Father to show me my weakness... yesterday as the day went on I realized that what I need to work on right now is being patient. I have been a little stressed, frustrated, and all of the feelings that come from the natural man. So God showed me what I needed to work on! I had a wonderful study about patience yesterday that opened my eyes and that I feel like will help me obtain the Christlike attribute of patience. The sons of Mosiah are a perfect example. They exercised much patience! and because of it they were able to see great success which is found in Alma 26! One of my all time favorite chapters in the book of Mormon!
Over all things are going really well! Next week is transfers so I wont e-mail until Tues! I'm tell you time is going by so fast! Its almost July! It sounds like you are all enjoying the Star Valley sun and pool! Jacob just told me that Kiersten is getting married! wohoo! that's the last of my single girl friends! :) fun stuff! I am happy for her! They are adorable together! I'm a little sad I'm missing her wedding but that's okay! They all will get to come to mine which is exciting!
fam fam I hope you have a great week! I love you all so much! You are the best family ever! I am so grateful for each one of you for so many reasons! I hope you enjoy the pics! take care and keep the faith! I will talk to you next Tues!
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU! sis johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment