Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28, 2013



Family,

Well another week come and gone. This week has been really busy for me! New area, new companion, and new responsibilities as a Sister Training Leader. The area is mostly gated so we get to walk or bike into communities to work. So far, so good! We haven't been kicked out yet! The elders that were here about 6 months ago got kicked out of a few, we are doing our best to make sure that doesn't happen! Sister Tuia is incredible! She has a great love for the Savior and a strong desire to work. She is the oldest in her family as well. Her brother is serving in Texas and they get home at the same time in Nov. this year. She is from Cali (right by Disneyland) but her parents are both from Tonga. She's going to teach me how to dance! yaya! as far as sister training leader goes,  I feel an incredibly great responsibility and have wondered why the Lord has called me out of all the 54 sisters in the mission to fulfill this role. I know that I need to push out the fear and have faith in my Savior Jesus Christ who is mighty to save! Sis Tuai and I are over 16 sisters and we are expected to create a vision, goals, plans, and account for and with these sisters. We are on exchanges twice a week and call each companionship twice a week as well. It is a lot, but some how, we will do it. I know that in the strength of the Lord I can do all things! I love my mission with all my heart and I want to do all that I can to fulfill his work! I know that I need to put on the armor of God and press forward with faith. "Awake, my sons(daughter); put on the armor of righteousness. Shake off the chains with which ye are bound and forth out of obscurity, and arise from the dust." This is one of the many things that I will do to fulfill Gods will. Is put on the WHOLE armor of God. 

I am trying to think of a story I could share there are so many that when I come to write one, they all slip my mind. We saw a lot of blessings this week. We are opening a super nice, rich area but I feel like because we both have come in with a lot of faith that we are going to be able to see many many miracles. We were able to pray with 21 people in 4 days! That's quite a bit especially for this area.  The girl we knocked into who accepted baptism led to a blessing for us. We went back to see her then next day and met her mother. Who come to find out is actually a member and has been less active for a long long time. She is a single mother of 6 kids. She needs the gospel. She needs the atonement. We are working with her family now, trying to get her active and trying to help the daughter become a member. They live 4 blocks down from the church which is nice for them. The trick is helping them see why they need to be there! 

We got fed by a the senior couple that's from Idaho Falls. The Ellis's. They fed us home made chicken pot pie, corn on the cob, jello, and apple crisp. You think i was happy? um YES! :) its nice still being close to the office! I love being spoiled! I forgot my camera at home so I will have to send some more pics next week these are a few from Sis Tuais camera!
 
It has been getting in the 100s here. So hottttttt!!
 
I hope you all have an amazing week! I love you so much! I miss you and pray for you! Talk to you next week!

xoxoxo love sister johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment