Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 29, 2013











*  Stepped on a thorn that went clear through my shoe!!
*  Hollywood Beach

*  This man was outside the mall.  He let us hold the birds.
*  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!!!



Hi Family,

Today we are going to play some games at the chapel with elders!  It will be fun!  I will probably get a new companion next transfer which is in about three weeks I think.  I am in a family ward and I live with the sisters that are in the YSA ward.  Sometimes it's a little hard because I miss all my friends in the YSA ward and they talk about them all the time!  It is getting sooooooooo  hott!  It's almost to the 90s now but not quite!  

Jake is going to have so much fun!  I am happy for Jake!  I can't wait for him go get his call.  I am so anxious for him!  I know that where he is called to is where he will be needed though!  The Lord takes care of all his missionaries wherever they go!  

That is fun that Jordan got his sheep.  From the picture that you sent me of the family, the boys are getting really tall.  Jordan looks alot more grown up!  Things here have been a little crazy.  I, like you, feel so busy all the time.  I would rather be busy than not though.  When I call on Mother's Day I also need to talk about applying to school again.

I love the valley in the summer too.  I can't wait to go to the lake in a year..... ha ha.  I am going to send you some fun pics from this week!  I hope you like them!  Sis Steg and I got invited to go to zone leader counsel -- it's a huge deal that we were invited.  It is with Pres Anderson and all the leaders in the mission!  I feel like the Lord is blessing me with great responsibility and leadership.  Sometimes it's stressful but I try to keep an open mind.

I hope they start the temple in Star Valley this summer.  That would be GREAT!  The temple here won't be dedicated until around January is what we have been hearing so...... we will all have to make a trip back I guess :)  The members in the Davie ward are really good at feeding us about 3 to 4 times a week.  I wish I had more time to cook but I don't.  We got lasagna twice this week.  We just eat  normal food, lots of chicken and rice.  It is always a plus when we get fed by a member!  On Mother's Day we will be skyping probably later in the afternoon.  We have church from 12 -3 and then the member we are going to won't be home til a little later.  We will get all that figured out.  I am excited to see and talk to you all again!  and then I will be basically home after that!

We have an investigator that reminds me so much of Grandpa and his conversion story.  I just pray so hard that our investigator will come around soon so he can be as happy as Grandpa with the gospel in his life!  I am still so proud of him!  What a blessing!  

I love and miss you all!  Enjoy opening Jake's call with him this week!  Have a fantastic week!!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

sis brooke johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment