Thursday, April 25, 2013

April 22, 2013












HAPPY #22 BIRTHDAY TO SISTER BROOKE ON MONDAY, APRIL 29, 2013!!!!!!!!!!


April 22, 2013

Hello Family,

So I am sure you are all wondering what happened with me... its kinda
really crazy actually. I am serving in Davie now with Sister Steg and
Merrill. We are in a trio and we are having too much fun :) we are the
dream team! I am living in my old apt. which was weird at first but now it
feels really good to be back. We cover Davie and Pines area but due to time
and car miles and everything we are mostly working in Davie and then on
Sundays going to both wards. We are doing a lot of splits with the ward
members so we can get everything done and keep the work going in both
areas.

For p-day last week we went to Hollywood Beach and it was a lot of fun.  Both the Davie and Nova sisters came so it was a good time! I also went to a RS activity on Tuesday and we learned how to make homemade noodles. Talk about time consuming! I got my tooth fixed which is a
great blessing! I am so glad it didn’t cost anything!

I am so excited for Jacob and can’t wait to see where he will be going! I am
more nervous for him too than I was for getting my call! But don’t tell him
that! He will love his mission where ever he goes and he will do an
incredible job! I finished reading the Book of Mormon again! I love reading
it! I know that it is the word of God! Every page testifies of our Savior
Jesus Christ!

We have been biking every day! Let me tell you- I am out of shape! Bad! We
also run in the morning! Hopefully it will ease up a bit after I keep
working at it. I actually like biking during the day. It gives me time to
think and it relieves any stress. After receiving a blessing on Fri my
hives are now gone. I had them every morning and night for two weeks. I
don’t know what it was but I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood!

I love the pic that you send mom of you and all your sisters and mom! You
all look so great! And dad thank you for sharing with me what you learned
in stake conference! I have gotten really lazy when it comes to writing and
emailing people. Sometimes I feel like I am writing the same thing each
week! Everything just blends into one story. Exciting news! We had a
baptism on Sunday! Her name is Angelica and she’s 14. She’s so fun and she
was so happy after her baptism! I am excited for her to be in YW and to
start on her personal progress!


I feel good. I feel more like myself right now. I am happy and finally feel
like I am where I’m  supposed to be for the transfer. Heavenly Father has
blessed me so much these past few weeks to have the ability to just keep
trusting in him and keep pressing forward. It was a little bit of a roller
coaster ride but I made it through.

So... the assistants live in the apt in the building next to us and I had a
bright idea one night.... it was about 9pm and we stopped at the mission
home to drop off the baptismal program to President Anderson because his  son in
law was going to make more programs for us. As we got there, there was a
HUGE  frog  in the middle of the drive way. Bigger than the size of my hand.
I wanted to catch it. So I got a Chinese box we had in the car with cookies
in it and I caught the frog.... it gets better... then we broke into the
elders apt with a subway card and put the HUGE frog in their tub... it was
hilarious. They are being sneaky though and they haven’t said anything about
it. They are just going to get us back really good. I’m kind of scared
actually ha-ha.

Well that’s about my week in a nut shell! I can’t wait to hear where Jake
gets his call! Family, I miss you, everyday! And I love you so much! Thank
you for helping me to be out here and to have the best experience of my
life! I love being a missionary and I wouldn’t change a thing about where I
am at right now in my life! I get to chat to you for mother’s day in like 3
weeks! I'm not counting down or anything ;) I love you and will talk to you
next week!

Xoxoxo
sis Johnson

1. at the beach
2. we forgot to have the guy baptizing up plug the font so we were trying
to do it haha
3. The three of us on Sunday. Yes I am short ha.
4. Sis Clayton and I at the end of last transfer waiting for call

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! -----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment