Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013

first off - i love you all so much!
 
This letter is just going to be full of information! I will try to make it flow and sound good. Oh wait that's what I always try to do ha. My new area is called Pines. I am in the Pembroke Pines/Weston area. It is a very rich, white area. Almost all of the area has gated communities. If you hear I am in jail you will know that I got caught sneaking through a gate ha just teasing we will figure something out! Member work is going to be huge, if not everything, here! The ward is incredible. Someone signed up to feed us every night this week. As if I don't eat enough all ready ha. Some of the YSA from Nova (my first area) are in my ward so that makes it really fun to be able to talk with them and see them! There is a member of the ward who we ate dinner with yesterday and she is a dentist (amazing or what?) she said she will fix my tooth for FREE!. She is just going to put a temporary filling in because the filling has just fallen out. She said it will last til I get home when I can get it done.
 
Don't freak out- I've had hives for a whole week! idk what is going on. They come only in the morning and sometimes at night. Luckily they haven't happened for twoish days so I hope they are gone. Life's great though. I've just gotten used to being itchy all the time.
 
Our apartment is nice and big. Its just the two of us that live there so it can be a little quiet at times but that's okay I need quiet time. It was really dirty because no one has lived here for about 7 months and the last ones that were there were elders. I love them but they need to learn how to clean ha.  We are in the same district as the Davie and Nova sisters. So basically I am back to where I was but not really. I'm home but not at home. Its been the weirdest thing. We had a training in my old ward building the other day so I drove through my old area. It was bitter sweet. I feel so close to everyone but so not at the same time. Things will work out though I will get used to where I am and then they will move me again - that's how it works right?
 
Today I am going to finally buy a straightener. A good way to describe the ward is a "Utah ward". Lots of moms are pregnant and there are tons of kids. I love it. The work is slow right now but it is going to pick up fast! work work work. I also want to get my hair cut today. we will see if it actually happens. I cant wait any longer.
 
I'm sure you are all wondering about my new companion.  She has such a fun personality! We get along really well and have become great friends! We laugh all the time and we have a lot of similarities. Although all of this sounds perfect its not.  She will be going home tomorrow or Wed. Its heart breaking. I want her to stay more than anything and not just for me but for her!!! On Wed (the day of transfers) we got all the new things for our area and went and bought a few things at the store because there was nothing in our apt. That night we had a baptism at our ward because they were still doing missionary work even though they didn't have missionaries here (incredible). We went to the baptism, went and worked for an hour and then it was nine. Long day. Thursday I talked with her in the morning because I could tell something was wrong. At this point I am just in a daze. She chose to return home.
 
I'm sure you are wondering how I am doing and how I am feeling. I am doing great! I have received so much comfort. I don't think I have ever felt so close to the spirit before. Its been hard don't get my wrong, but I haven't worried once. I have really been sad that she is leaving because I know what she is going to miss out on - the best experiences in the best mission. She doesn't understand. She doesn't know. I will let you know how it all goes next week though. If I am in a new area. Who my new comp is. All the fun details. I had pics to send but forgot my cord! I will send them all next week
 
 Today for p-day I am going to write a few thank you cards and we are going to Hollywood Beach. I need time to think and breathe.  And I love the ocean. So what a better place than there? We are also going to YOGURT LAND with Shayna (my recent convert). I'm stoked! Its just what I need!
 
Well family thank you for the updates! It sounds like you had a great week! Thanks for the story dad! its one of my favorites! :) I look forward to hearing from you all next week. I can't thank you enough for all that you do and mean to me!
 
I LOVE YOU FOREVER!
 
xoxoxo sister johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment