Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 21, 2013

 




1.  Mangos
2.  Lucy beaming at baptism
3.  Matt
4.  Me holding a parrot
5.  baptism
6.  Sisters standing by our favorite graphite


So fun right?! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH XOXOXOXO

Hello Family,
Its transfer week! I am going to be serving in Pines but, I am not sure who my companion is yet. I will find out tomorrow! I am excited to be going to Pines. There is a lot of work to be done there and I know I will stay very very busy! I know that in the strength of the Lord I can do all things! I'm still not a fan of packing nor will I ever be. Luckily a lot of my things were still packed from this last crazy transfer of moving apts. I am sending a box home today with our journal in it, as well as a couple things for Bri and some things I don't use out here. I am excited to get the bracelet bri made me!

This past week was crazy, to say the least! I loved every minute of it though! Yesterday it rained all day. Lots and lots of rain. Yesterday we biked all day. Not a good combination right? I was soaked all day. I felt and looked like a prune. Don't ask me why we chose to do that because I couldn't tell you why ha. We just did. We had a baptism in Pines this past week! it was great! Her name is Lucy and she is the coolest Latin grandma ever! She was so happy to be getting baptized! She was beaming! Her son was able to baptize her and it was a wonderful baptismal service! This past Sunday I got to go to my most favorite place ever... NOVA! I got to see all my recent converts and those I love most! And Sister Andrus and Sister Beck (love those two) they are now home... and they email me every week! I LOVE it! it really helps me! Heavenly Father blessed me with a great reward this week. As I was at Nova, my recent convert Matt came up to me as I was getting ready to leave and he expressed his gratitude. He thanked me over and over again for all that I've done. I told him that it wasn't me and that is was the Lord that he was the one who had blessed him and gave him this great opportunity and then he said, " Sister Johnson, I remember when you were sitting across from me on my coach and said, 'Matt, will you prepare to be baptized this Sunday?' you changed my life!" my heart swelled with joy as I felt the love of my Heavenly Father and Savior. I thank them always for allowing my to be an instrument to do their work. In all reality, Matt has changed my life. He has helped me to fulfill my desires of serving. "...yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy!" it was just such a blessing to be there again!

I went on two exchanges this week. So I wasn't in my area a whole lot. It is a huge calling but I feel the Lord helping me fulfill it! I did a lot of introspecting this past week to see where I've been where I'm at and where I want to be. I always have so much to work on and I always will!
While there has been so much going on lately I have been running one of my favorite quotes through my mind, "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get. It is what you are expecting to give- which should be everything." I've got to give it my all! everything! it is something that I have to remind myself every day. I know I've expressed this before in previous emails but its how I feel all the time! I can always give more! much much more! my time is short out here!
It sounds like you all had a great week! Bri's pics are really cute! its good to see you all happy because of course it makes me happy! well, I've got to get going for the week but know that i love you so much! i will have lots to tell you next week! I am getting a new comp! whooo! I know Heavenly Father is going to bless me with a good one! He always does! talk to you next week!

xoxoxoxo sis johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment