Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 22, 2013





Family,
 
So much has happened in the past few days that words fall short in expressing what I really feel. My heart and mind have been all over the place this past week. A lot, a lot, a lot has happened. First off I love that we have connections- Krista told you exactly where I am haha that's great. Sister Ellett is my new companion fresh from the MTC. She is from Utah and she is 24 years old. Together, we are opening up a new area in the mission. Its the Palm Beach Central area! It's a fairly small area compared to my last one but there are many here who need the gospel. We are going to work this place over and find all of the elect! Sisters have not been in this area for about 4 years is what I hear. It is a huge responsibility and at times I have felt the weight of it. When these times come the first thing I do is pour my heart out to my Heavenly Father and ask for His help. As I have done so, my heart has been filled with peace and I have been blessed with the strength to press forward. We live with the Spanish sisters which is nice! Its always fun to come home and be able to talk with other missionaries.
Wed was transfer meeting and that's when I found out all of the great news! We didn't get home til late because it took us an hour and  a half to drive home. crazy right? I am 50 miles away from my old area. I have thought about hitch hiking back a couple of times ;) I miss nova sooo much. because we got back late we only had an hour to work. so we went to work. then when we got home we unloaded the car and I began to unload all my stuff. It took me about three days to finally get everything where I wanted it. Our apartment is super super nice. Its the cleanest one on the mission I am sure. Its pretty big as well. I like it alot.
I don't know why but I am having a really hard time writing today. There is so much I want to tell you and I don't even know where to start. I want you to know that even though I have experienced a lot of change in my life this past week, I am still happy as ever! I am doing the Lords work! This is where he needs me. I know that there are people in this area who are waiting for me and I am going to find them with the Lord help! I have only met a few members of the ward because this past Sunday was stake conference. I got to see my first baptism, David, at conference and it was good to see and talk with him for a bit. You know, they may have moved me out of YSA but, they are here, they are everywhere I go. a lot of the leaders in my new ward are YSA and I have actually met a lot of them because they would come to nova for potlucks and firesides. Its been comforting to know that I will still be working with them! One of the YSA here, Gina, went to BYU-I and she had classes with Kiersten so, we took a pic and sent it to her! haha I told her to tell KB that she better write me, and shes going to, it worked :) I love meeting new people!
I teach with a lot of energy and excitement because its how I feel for the work. I love it, its what keeps me going every day. I have so much happiness in my heart from the gospel that when I meet someone to share it with I just explode with excitement. I feel bad, I have made her cry twice already. Not on purpose of course. I just pray everyday that I can be who she needs me to be and who the Lord needs me to be.
Its been a humbling experience for me. Opening an area, moving, getting a new comp, training. Wow I'm speechless. I know that in the strength of the Lord I can do all things. I know, I know, I KNOW IT! I miss nova sooo much. Sis Holyan was an amazing companion. We had the best two transfers ever! Oh and my recent converts, I miss them terribly! Luckily I can write them though. I would do anything for them. They are my joy! There are a couple other people that I miss so much at nova, its hard not being able to write everyone. I know it will all be okay though!
 
Heavenly Father has blessed me so much. When I stop and think about my life even for just a few min I am filled with gratitude for all that I have been given. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. Confused at the grace that so fully he profers me... Oh it is wonderful that He would care for me, enough to die for me, oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me.
 
Family, I love you so much! I hope you know that and can feel it as well! I think about you all the time! Thank you for your love, your support, and most of all for being my family. Our family is eternal! We have Gods blessing as long as we keep are part! I promise that I will put my thoughts and feelings together better next week. Hopefully by then my heart will have stopped racing and I will be able to breathe! I cant wait to hear from you again next week! love love love you!
 
xoxoxoxxo Sister Johnson
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment