Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 15, 2013



F-A-M-I-L-Y: mine is forever!
Hey hey, it sounds like every one had a fun, busy week! just like mine! don't be mad, I forgot my camera cord so I can't send pics today but I will send double next week! so it will be a treat! Things here in south Florida are going fantastic! it rains every day! we try to stay dry for about 5 min and then we give in and get soaked for the day! its supposed to rain all this week too! I'm just going to start to wear a garbage bag for a dress! we had to go to the ER last week... don't freak out everything is fine! Sister Tuia had a growth growing on her eye and no where else was open so they sent us to the ER. it was really boring and a typical dr visit. we sat there for an hour and a half, the dr comes in and says, " oh ya that is weird, I will give you some eye drops for it but you need to go to the eye dr." and then he walked away. i about died i couldn't believe it. but it was to be expected. last pday we went and ate on the beach with Ariana and her sister Cristina! it was a lot of fun and a beautiful day for sure! (pics will come next week).


As i Iwas studying in Enos this week I realized the great importance for me to step up my game! I too get stuck into ruts sometimes and don't even realize it! verse 12 really stood out to me and helped me to know of what i need to do to become better " and it came to pass that after i had prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: i will grant unto thee according to thy desires because of thy faith." From this verse i found three areas i need to improve on 1. Prayer 2. Faith and 3. diligence. I know that as i do this, that the Lord will bless me with the righteous desires of my Heart and that is to brings others unto him through faith, repentance and baptism. I am excited for this week! there are many things that i need to APPLY to become a better representative of Jesus Christ and i am ready to repent and make the changes!
One of the miracles i saw this week was when we were able to meet with a less active part member family and to see evidences of repentance. we taught a lesson on the sabbath day and they all committed to coming to church. the father has been less active for years now. he really opened up during the lesson. we were excited that he accepted to come to church but it really showed as we were walking out the door he said, "sisters, when are you coming back? this sat at 7 works..." we were so happy! he showed a desire to make changes! although their family was not at church yesterday, we know that their is great potential in helping this family become active as well as helping the mother to be baptized!


I cant believe that July is almost half way done! I don't understand how time is going so fast! its a love hate deal. Jake leaves really soon on his mission! I am so proud of him! talking to him each week has really been a blessing for the both of us! We are super close now! Jake is my best friend! He's going to serve a fantastic mission and I am so happy for him! love him every min until he leaves. its what he needs! be patient with him! I'm going to spoil him all I can while he is in the MTC  because i don't think we will be able to send too much to Mexico. Life to me feels like one big dream. Ever since i graduated HS its gone so fast and so much happens! with all that being said though oh how grateful i am for my family, friends and the gospel! my life is so amazing! and i want to share it with everyone! i hope that you have a great week! i know you have a fun one planned! i look forward to hearing about it next week! I love you all forever!


xoxoxo love sister brooke johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment