Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013

 Florida, Sunshine State!!
 Sis Clayton and I reunite! We lived together in Palm Beach and we got to go on an exchange this past week.
 Stuck in traffic.....
 Mini golf with some elders....
This is the Florida Fort Lauderdale Zone! The best one in the mission! I have served in this zone for my whole mission! (except for 3 months of it) it has been fun to come back and to serve here as a leader! When I first came I never would of that of it! I hope you enjoy these pics! I LOVE YOU!








Sweet Family Of Mine,
This week has flown by! In fact, I had to take a minute to gather my thoughts so I could put together an email. I have just over an hour to email and majority of the time is taken e-mailing President on the progress of the sisters that we are over. So please forgive for the lack of information and stories this past while. I try to do my best at managing my time and I hope you understand! First off, I love you all very much! I pray for your happiness daily and know that the Lord is watching over each one of you! I am grateful for the power of prayer and the comfort of the spirit! It sounds like everyone enjoyed the lakes this weekend! I look forward to next summer! I am going to live at the lake, just so you know! I am excited for Jake to go to the temple this weekend! He is already doing missionary work and this will continue to help him while he prepares to leave in a month! Time goes by so fast! I enjoy hearing from him each week! We are best buds now! I got some mail this week which was really nice! it had been a while! A few friends wrote me and well as Grandma Johnson. There was a missionary here who just returned from his mission. He served in IF. When I introduced myself as Sister Johnson he said, "do you have family in IF?" I said yes I do. He then said I know your grandma and I was like there are a lot of Johnson your prob don't and then he was like I saw your picture in her living room. (my first thought, 'what a creeper' haha) no just teasing. I guess he when and saw Grandma. He served in her ward just before Christmas. It was Elder Workman. I don't know if she will remember him or not. What a small world. I also got pics from the primary kids and that was real cute! They are all growing up! We took some boys out this week with us. They are cousins and are both preparing to serve. On the two days they came out with us we saw great miracles! We knocked into someone that goes went to school with and he asked them if he could offer them a prayer! it was very bold of him and we were proud of him! Then when Danny came out with us he invited someone to church and he said he would come! (he didn't but that's okay) They both did a fantastic job! We also took Mike, our recent convert, who we love so much, to a lesson with us and he did amazing! The spirit was so strong and he was really able to help our investigator understand the blessings that come through baptism and keeping the commandments! I'm excited for Mike and Ariana to get married! They are great friends! I will have to drive out to their sealing in AZ in April prob. We will see. Mike also fed us this week! He is also helping us out! We call him our big brother! Going on exchanges twice a week has been really good. I enjoy going with all the different sisters and to different areas to see how the work is going there. I am constantly striving to become a better example and a better person. I know a lot of people watch me and what i do- so I want to do my best! Sister Tuai and I get along pretty well. I know she gets frustrated with me sometimes because she feels like I dominate the companionship. I set some goals this week to help her feel like that is not the case because its not. Its also hard to regroup after each exchange! I've learned a lot from that. we are also striving to improve our communication! its a very nice day today! I'm not sure what we will be doing for p-day. They go so fast anyways! I'm at the point in my mission where I really have to work hard to focus and give it all I have. I've been studying about sacrifice and turning my heart to the lord. I feel like these are things that I have been striving to do my whole mission and will prob strive to do my whole life. Sacrifice is always accompanied by prayer, devotion, dedication, gratitude, and acknowledging my duty to God. This has been a trial for me but one that has brought great miracles and blessings. "we can not always see the end from the beginning" I am striving to take one day at a time and do my very best each day. I am forever grateful for this opportunity i really have to stretch and grow! There is no room for decreasing!

thank you for all of your support in helping me have this opportunity to serve! I hope you are seeing blessings from my service as a I see many daily. I love you all with my whole heart! I will be there in spirit this weekend as you go through the temple! Enjoy your week family and I will talk to you soon!


Bear Lake trip looked like so much fun! I am beyond excited for Brandon! Paris will be a dream! I am so proud of him that he decided to go! I cant believe Jake is going to the temple Friday, that will be great! 

with all my love, sister brooke johnson
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! I HOPE YOU KNOW IT AND NEVER FORGET IT! XOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment