Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 29, 2013


The Moronta family. The husband isn't a member neither are the two grand kids in the front. We are working with our bishop to help them. We love them though! They are great! 


After a long day of work........


Johnson Family,

I am so happy that Jake was able to go to the temple on Saturday. We are all growing up! its weird! I never thought it will all work out like this but its great! The Lord is blessing our family in so many ways! Something that I have learned this week is the importance of having an attitude of gratitude! It changes the way we see everything! I'm grateful for many things some of them being, the gospel, family, friends, the opportunity to serve, learning experiences, the beauty of the earth.... I could go on forever! As we remind ourselves of these things then we are able to better feel the love our Savior has for us!
This past week I went on exchanges to Miami, Florida (again)! I had a great time, as always. When I was in Miami, in the morning Sister Eldridge and I ran to the pier that isn't too far from the house! It was beautiful! The sun was rising, there were a lot of fishermen at the end of the pier trying to catch something. The water there was so clear. At 20ft you could still see the bottom. We got to see a few sting rays one was huge! As you stood at the end of the pier and looked back to the shore all you could see were the tall, tall buildings all along the shore! It was a tender mercy to go there and to see nature!
Our area is struggling a little in the fact that we have yet to find someone in these past few weeks but, Sister Tuia have the faith and we know that we will be led to those who are prepared the receive the restored gospel into their lives! I studied from one of my all time favorite talks by Elder Holland this week. It's the one he gave in last years general conference. It's offered a lot of motivation and encouragement! Here are a few of my favorite quotes from it, "What I need, Peter, are disciples—and I need them forever. I need someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs. I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do."
"To all within the sound of my voice, the voice of Christ comes ringing down through the halls of time, asking each one of us while there is time, “Do you love me?” And for every one of us, I answer with my honor and my soul, “Yea, Lord, we do love thee.” And having set our “hand to the plough,”we will never look back until this work is finished and love of God and neighbor rules the world.." this is the wonderful opportunity that I have been given at this time! All day every day to show the Lord that I love him by sharing his gospel to others! Its not always easy but it is definitely worth it!
To help the work hasten in our area, Sister Tuia and I have started a 40 day fast with our ward. We sent around a sign up sheet and each family chose a day that they would be willing to fast for 3 things. 1. Families and individuals to be prepared to enter the temple when it is completed 2. activation and reactivation of worthy priesthood holders 3. someone the missionaries can visit. We are really excited to see the blessings that come from this. We know it will really unite our ward as well as us as missionaries to our ward. We will be able to help those who have been prepared because we will be striving to be selfless and show our love to God through fasting. I look forward to sharing miracles with you that we see from this!
It sounds like everyone is enjoying their summer! Bri's dance outfit is adorable! Jake leaves so soon I can't believe it! From my end it doesn't seem real because I'm not there for all the hustle and bustle. He will have to make sure to send me his email and his MTC address, or maybe you could help him out with that mom haha. He will prob forget to send it to me.
I love you all, more than I can share through an email!! I hope you can feel it all the way from here! Because I am still there! The mission is the best, I love it so much here! My life has been changed forever, no doubt. I'm excited to hear from you next week! Be safe, know I love you, have a fun week!
xoxoxoxo
sister johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment