Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5, 2013











Hola,



Oh boy, Jake doesn't have to much time left! That is crazy and exciting all at the same time! He is going to love Mexico! I enjoyed the emails mom and dad as well as the pics that were sent! It is always a great thing to see your smiling faces! Next week is transfers so I will be emailing on Tues. the weeks are going by way to fast!



For the bulk of my e-mail I would like to share details about the miracle day we had yesterday as it will be one of the most memorable days on my mission. Our church attendance each week has been very low here. We've managed to get 1 maybe 2 people to church each week. The last two weeks we had 0, it can be discouraging because really we can't baptize if we don't get people to church. So Saturday, was a long long day. No one was home, no one was showing signs of repentance, no one was committing to church, we didn't know what to do half the day.... IT WAS LONG! At the end of the night for the last hour we felt like we should knock doors. So there we were, sitting in the car, getting ready to go out. Out of no where this grandma and her two grand children walk by. Both Sis Tuai and I were prompted to get out and talk to them but we hadn't prayed yet so we pushed it aside (don't ever push promptings 'aside') then we went about our evening knocking on doors. We were getting ready to leave (and had seen where the family lived) and we turned to each other and said lets go knock their door. Let me remind you its 8ish at night on Saturday. Needless to say we knock, they accept baptism and church. We found them a ride and all three of them were at church yesterday. It gets better. We saw that miracle, said a pray of gratitude and asked for another miracle. And what do you know, the SOLID family we met at the beginning of the week(who was never home through out the week) was home Sunday morning when we knocked on their door to invite them to church. The mom said they would be a little late but that they would come. Sure enough this family of 5 was at sacrament meeting. So what did we do? We saw a miracle, offered a prayer of gratitude and asked for another miracle. We called the Ramirez family at 9:45, church starts at 10 (who we stopped teaching because they weren't really progressing) just to invite them in hopes they would come and Carmen's response was "we actually just pulled into the parking lot we are coming to church today." I about died! So of course we saw a miracle, prayed with gratitude and asked for another miracle. After sacrament, we saw two faces we didn't know, we went up to them and what do you know, they just walked into church that day. They stayed for all three meetings too. At this point I feel like I'm in a daze I've never seen so many miracles in a row! Long story short, we had 12 non members in church yesterday through the grace of our Savior Jesus Christ. Yesterday I had a huge increase in my testimony concerning fasting and prayer. I know that they Lord hears and answers our prayers and that according to our faith he will answer them!  Also, two of our recent converts bore powerful testimony and the ones non member dad Omar was there! It was beautiful! Also a less active we have been working with bore pure simple testimony and many of the members went up to him afterwards and thanked him!  



After church we ate at the Anderson families home it was really yummy and it felt like home. It was amazing! What a Sunday! This week will go by fast with transfers being next week! I am looking forward to seeing what will happen! Due to me not feeling well right now I'm going to end my email! I hope you enjoyed the miracles we saw as well as the pictures! I love you all so much! More than words can explain! I hope you have a fabulous week! Take care! Love you forever!



xoxoxxo sister johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment