Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17, 2013




 Stuart District
 Sis Holyan, I miss this girl
 Sis Sablons 9 month mark hahahahahahahahah I love this girl




Mario's baptism 


Family,


Well another week has come and gone and I can't believe it! Sis Dougal and I had our first baptism in Wellington on Saturday and it was amazing! We met Mario about 4 weeks ago outside of his sister apt. We left a prayer with him and he accepted baptism right off the bat. As we continued to teach him, there was something holding him back but we pressed forward. there are four principles that helped us share the gospel with Mario and I know you will recognize them dad. They are from the book you sent me at the beginning of my mission "drawing down the powers of heaven". 

1. Select righteous desire (we wanted Mario to be able to receive the blessings of the restored gospel and continue to prepare for eternal life through baptism)
2. Plead your case with God (we prayed every day all the time for Mario. that he would be able to resist temptation that he would continue to search the scriptures and continue to receive the strength that he needed!) we also put forth our best effort to help him in his learning process
3. Exert yourself mentally (all we thought about all the time was what more could we do to help Mario feel that he was prepared for baptism.) he came for three Sundays in a row and then he went out of town for a week! the real miracle came in the last step
4. Sustained effort. As we continued to trust in god and to exercise our faith, Mario got back on Sat morning and we went and saw him, got him interviewed, and he was baptized that night! 

From this my testimony of Christ and trusting in him has truly been strengthened! Mario is amazing! He has such a strong testimony and such a great desires to come closer to his Savior! He has changed my life! He's taught me that all things work out in Gods timing. He is such a happy man now too! In his confirmation it was mentioned that he would be a leader and also help him family learn of the gospel and that he would learn and grow much! What a blessing it is to me to have this opportunity to meet him and to share the more important thing to me, the gospel of Jesus Christ, with him. 

We had a pretty great week! Went on our two exchanges, ate Sunday dinner at a members home, went to a zone training and looked for those who are prepared for baptism! 

It sounds like Jake is doing good! I cant believe he is going to Vegas for a day! That will be fun for him! change it up a bit. Next week is transfers for us so I will be e-mailing on Tues. I'm pretty sure me and Sis Dougal are staying together and staying in our area! This might just be my last area! That is a crazy thought! The plant that you sent me is growing mom! its cute! all the girls love it haha. They want it to flower but.... I'm pretty sure I need to plant it outside for it do produce flowers! Jenny Lake looked like a good time! I haven't been there for years! 

I hope that you all have a fantastic week! I LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH! I look forward each week to hearing from you as well as seeing your smiling faces! Thank you mom for sending my that info I will get my application finished! talk to you next week!

all my love, sister brooke johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment