Tuesday, September 24, 2013

September 24, 2013


 Cute!

 


Our ghetto kids. We work in a specific complex almost every day. Everyone there knows us(almost). We see these kids often and have prayed with their families. When they saw us walking the ran up to us yelling "its our church people" we were so happy! We just had to get a pic with them that day! I love everyone here!


 Random pic after a lesson- we needed to relieve some stress, so we took funny photos
Yesterday we biked and it was a lot of fun! It always helps me to relieve stress! We had stake conference on Sunday and President Anderson shared Sister Dougal and my e-mail with the whole stake! He shared the time that we had the whole bishopric come to a lesson with us! It was awesome and the bishopric loved it! brownie points....? I think yes :)
Transfers: well we all guessed correctly! I am staying here in Wellington with Sis Dougal and I will probably end my mission here! and I am happy with that! I love this area and the people here so much! Things are picking up for us. We've had a few slow weeks but God has blessed us with some awesome families and we can't wait to teach them! We had our first lesson with one of the last night and it was a powerful lesson! I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to share the gospel with others! This week we had exchanges back to back and that was pretty crazy I wasn't with my companion for two days! It was wild trying to update each other on what had happened each day! I went with Sis Sablan one of the days! She is such a fun time! We drove down some dirt roads, saw long horn bulls, pet some horses! She was loving it! It reminded me of home. That's the first time on my whole mission that I have been on a crappy dirt road! good times!
Sis Dougal and I were blessed with a lot of miracles this week! I'd like to share one of them with you. This week Sis Dougal and I were praying to ask God to know where to harvest (knock doors). Where His elect were who had been prepared. An apartment complex came to Sis Dougals mind so that's where we went. As we got there, we said another prayer to know which doors to knock. We felt prompted to go to the back of the complexes so we did. I started walking up to a home, we knocked and a women answered. She said she didn't have time then but would love for us to come back. I then quickly testified to her that it would take a brief moment and help her to feel of the Saviors love. She let us in (so grateful for that). We knelt down and said the prayer. With tears in her eyes she expressed that her husband had passed away a year ago and that she was looking for spiritual guidance. We then told her that we were sent straight to her and she couldn't believe it! We let her know that it was her faith and prayers that led us to her door that day. We have an apt with her tonight and can't wait to see her. I know that the Lord hears and answers the prayers of all of His children. This spiritual experience was made possible only because of prayer. It changes everything! I know that communication with our Father in Heaven is so important! As I was studying about prayer this week I thought of Enos and the mighty changes that were caused in his heart and others because of his prayer. He received an answer in his mind "And while I was thus struggling in the spirit, behold, the voice of the Lord came unto my mind saying...." (Enos 1:10) this also helped me to realize the importance of controlling our thoughts. We need to have clean thoughts so that God can guide us through our minds. Just as Sis Dougal pictured the complex we needed to go to! I know the power of prayer is real! God indeed hears and answers our cries.
Jake is going to love Mexico I cant wait for him to get there! I feel like he just got into the MTC! Time flies when you are serving the Lord and his children! That's for sure! it sounds like everyone is busy with work and school and that's a good thing! mom, I heard a song that I love and know you will love to! check it out and let me know what you think its "Every Shade of You" by Jim brickman.  I've had a great week here in Florida! Just loving life! I also had a tender heart moment in stake conference when I realized I don't have all the time in the world left here. I've been working really hard! I want to come home spent! give it all I've got!  
Well I hope you all have another fun week! I sure do love and miss you all! I keep you in my prayers daily! My heart goes out to you and I am so grateful for all you do for me! xoxoxo! i love you so so much! talk to you next week!
with all my love, sister johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment