Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3, 2013















Elder Jacob Johnson in the Provo MTC...........

OLAH MI AMORS! (hello my loves)


Its been a crazy fun p-day! It's my companions 23rd birthday! We went to a place called Lion Country Safari! it was the time of my life! I got to feed a giraffe! yep I said it - I did I did I did! It was so much fun their tongues are so long and they would wrap around my finger when I went to give them lettuce! I also got attacked by a bunch of birds.... it was still fun but started to freak me out haha I also made breakfast for my comp and all the elders today! So I've really just been going going going today! It's all been worth it though! Jake sounds like he is doing pretty good. I pray for that kid every night! He says he's happy and that his comp is awesome so that's a huge blessing. Thank you mom for sending me a fun little book that was a nice surprise :) I also got a long letter from Gina which I loved. Would you send me her e-mail its easier for me to respond that way. 

We had another wonderful meal at a members home Sunday night. mmmm am I grateful for awesome ward members or what?! Let me just tell you how awesome our ward is.... Thurs night Sis Doudal and I were going to appointments when we get a call from a member of the bishopric. He was calling to let us know that he had seen one of our investigators at the store and said hi to them and that it was a miracle that he saw her there. So in our minds we are thinking "how awesome is this, our members are calling to share miracles with us." Then he goes on to ask if we had any apts for the end of the night and we said that we were just getting ready to walk into one and then he says, "we would love to come with you, we will be there in just a min." So he hung up and as we were waiting we were like he said we....? who's he with? sure enough when the car pulled up, the whole bishopric jumps out of the car! We were so excited! We taught two POWERFUL POWERFUL lessons with them and the spirit was so strong! We felt like we were with the sons of Mosiah or with Alma and Amulek as the are walking out from the falling prison walls! IT WAS AMAZING! I'm so grateful for that experience and what I learned from it! It gets even better though... as we were walking back to our cars at the end of the night bishop gave us some money to go buy ice cream so... we did! What a perfect ending to our night!

This morning as I had mentioned I made breakfast for everyone and I asked the elders if they could bring over pancake mix. They said "sure no prob we have two boxes here" this morning I went to open one of them and there was a spider web and a LIVE spider just chilling in the box. They will never hear the end of that one.... elders.... haha. 

We got caught in a huge rain storm yesterday. We started knocking when it was light rain and said that before the storm hit (because we could see it coming) we would go back to the car. Well... it came faster than we expected and we got caught in it! It was huge! We didn't have to run too far back to our car but we were drenched. Then soaked for the rest of the day. It was a good time! I was on exchanges too so it made for a good little adventure. This week we have a packed schedule. Tomorrow we go on another exchange and have interviews with Pres. Thurs we have our weekly planning day Fri we have our leadership meeting with Pres and Sis Anderson and then Sat we are having a mission conference! Yes the whole mission is getting together. Its about 170 missionaries! There is a 70 coming so it will be a blast! 

I'm doing really well! I truly appreciate all of the love and support that all of you send my way! Especially you mom and dad! I brag about our family to everyone here! I LOVE YOU FOREVER! Next week will be a normal p-day for me I will be emailing on Mon at normal time! I hope all of you have a fantastic week! Enjoy my fun pics! love love love you!

xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo sis johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment