Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 14, 2013










Johnson Family & Friends --->

Another week has flown by for me in my mission and I can't believe that Jake hit his 2 month mark. I will never understand where the time goes! 

Thank you for sending that package mom! It had just what I needed in it! The sticky notes were so cute! Me and my companion were wondering where you got them from? They are adorable! Thank you for sending my contacts too!  You are super mom and I LOVE YOU! I was also wondering if I could get Jake's address from you so I can write him. Thank you! 

This past week for p-day we went to Buches Wildlife Area. There were just a bunch of animals. It was fun! When I saw the deer and the ducks I just thought of the boys hunting haha. In two weeks our ward is having a trunk or treat and we are really excited to go to that. We are inviting all of our investigators! It will be a lot of fun! I remember going to the one in Etna growing up in WY and taking Bri one year too! 

Dallin H. Oaks is coming on Saturday and I cant wait! I am so excited for that! I'm preparing by reading one of his talks each day! I can't believe I will get to shake his hand. That's kind of a BIG deal! I am so excited! I've been setting some goals like you asked me to dad. :) thought you might like to know that!

This past week I got to go on exchanges with my trainee again. Sister Ellett. we had an amazing spiritual experience. We had parked at a home to follow up with a family we have been teaching. We spoke with them briefly and then went down the street to leave a prayer with a family that we had seen outside. After we had a great experience with this family, we started walking back to our car that was just up the street. There was a man outside washing his car and Sister Ellett said, "I'm going to go give him a card." I was so happy that she wanted to do that! because his hands were full he asked her to set it in the garage and that he would look at the card after he was done washing his car. As we walked away I felt prompted to turn around and offer to say a prayer with him but, I kept walking to the car (I had a little fear in me). When we got into the car and all buckled in, I turned to Sister Ellett and said," sister we need to get out had go say a prayer with that man." She jumped right out of the car, we blessed him and he really appreciated the prayer. This increased me testimony and it is something that I will never forget. Time and time again I am reminded of the importance of following the spirit as soon as we get a prompting. I am grateful for experiences like these that help me remember the gifts that I have been given from God. It was also a blessing to see how she is improving and growing in her mission. 

Today for p-day a member is going to take us to the beach! That will be fun! Thank you for all your love and support! I know that I have the best family ever and I'm not afraid to tell everyone! Man it's crazy to think that Brandon leaves so soon! I will just miss him by a week! I hope that all of you have a great week and can feel of my love! I keep all of you and especially Jake in my prayers always!

xoxoxo love sister johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment