Thursday, October 10, 2013

October 7, 2013



 Our favorite place to knock..........

All the food she gave us!



Ice cream from Bishop

Family,

Oh how I love conference weekend! I have so many fond memories with the family on this weekend. I remember a lot of the time for the spring session we would be traveling and listen to it in the car. Conference weekend went by so fast for me! It always does now a day! I remember when we were kids and conference used to take so long and so much of our time. Now it flies by and leaves me wanting more. I believe the greatest message I got from conference was that of member missionary work. It's caused me to reflect and begin to set goals for the member missionary I want to be when I return and for the rest of my life. I too encourage you, as did many of the speakers, to pray about who you can share the gospel with and to invite them over to hear from the missionaries. I can't begin to tell you the blessings I have seen just since Jake left for his mission a short 8 weeks ago. I pray that our family can see the many many blessings from our service. Last night our relief society pres. came over and brought boxes and boxes of food for us. She stocked our shelves and our fridge. We couldn't believe it! I was overwhelmed, again, with gratitude for all of the service that many here are offering me. I don't doubt that Jake is getting taken care of as well.


I was also wondering if you can send me Cassie Seamons e-mail address. I need to write her. I got a letter from Krista Nielson this week! She's awesome. She will be graduating from BYU-I.  I feel like it was just yesterday we were all in young woman's. 

I was able to receive a lot of guidance and direction at conference. I cant wait to study the talks. I went really wanting to know what more I can do to endure as well as increasing my ability to receive personal revelation. I was blessed to be given just the direction I was in need of and more! I am so thankful for a modern day prophet and for the organization of the church! 

This week I made taco soup! it was super yummy! Trying to get back in to the habit of cooking actually meals. My dieting out here has been well... NOT AT ALL. and I'm just looking forward to feeling good and healthy again. We found out this week that we have 181 missionaries in our mission! That's quite a bit I must say! There are new areas opening up left and right. It's been fun to see the mission grow. Sis Dougal and I just found out today that on Nov 5 we get to go to the Ft. Lauderdale Temple to help trim the chandeliers - I am beyond excited! I almost started to cry when I found out! Only the sister training leaders get to help so I am definitely counting my blessings! 

I have felt Gods awareness of me more than I ever have. I see promised blessings that are found in my patriarchal blessing come to pass and I feel the trust that the Lord has in me.

Dad it sounds like fishing went really well! Thank you for sending the pic. We will have to go fishing next summer I don't know how I feel about ice fishing. haha. I am glad you got to go to Utah mom and spend time with your family. I cant believe Brandon leaves so soon for his mission. Dana e-mailed me and it was nice to hear from her! I can't believe Gracie is in jr high. I hope Jake is doing well! I won't hear from him until next week which is okay! I pray for him all the time. I know he is doing a great job! 

i love you all so much and hope you have a great week! i will talk to you in 7 days! woot woot! 

xoxoxoxoxoxo sis johnson 






No comments:

Post a Comment