Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 11, 2013




 Sis Alio and I at transfers (make up gone from bawling).



 Sister Clayton and I at missionary leadership training (we go home together).


Working on the temple

Heyyyyyyy!
I know everyone is so excited to hear about my knew companion! ( I think after 17 months I've got the routine down. ha.) Sister Aloi is from Samoa. She is 24 and she finishes her mission a transfer (six weeks) after I do. I have been her sister training leader before and have gone on many exchanges with her! On my way to transfer meeting I got a feeling and I knew she was going to be my companion! We are having a lot of fun here in Wellington!
Last p-day (Tues) I got to go do work in the temple in Fort Lauderdale. I hung individual crystals on a chandelier.  We were there for 4 hours and didn't even get close to finishing it. I will never look at that chandelier or any other in any temple the same way again. There is such great detail that goes into the Lords house. It was a great experience for me! I felt the spirit and received a lot of peace. I also got to say good bye to Sis Tuai because she worked the shift before me. It's weird to think that she is at home now. That night was crazy busy because a lot of the members wanted to say good bye to Sis Dougal so we were doing a lot of running around p-day night. It turned out well though.
Transfer meeting was amazing. I was asked to say the opening prayer. It was the last transfer meeting I will attend here in the Florida Fort Lauderdale mission. It was a very emotional experience for me. At the end of every transfer meeting we sing "We'll Bring the World His Truth". With tears of gratitude streaming down my face I was unable to finish singing the song. My heart was full of so much love for the missionaries here and the people that I have met. It was a very tender transfer meeting for me.
We found a Haitian family of 7 that we have been teaching! They are great! I pray that they will continue to make the time to hear and receive the lessons!  We also went to Young Women in Excellence this week because Lovely got her integrity ribbon! We were so proud of her! It reminded me of my days in YW. I loved young women's! I hope I get to serve with them someday!  I also got to see an otter this week-it was huge! It was on a river bank and as soon as it saw us it slipped into the water. I was happy to receive the conference Ensign this week! I love studying from them and receiving additional revelation from servants of the Lord!
It looks like Jared had a fun birthday dinner/dessert! Every time I see a picture of Jordan it freaks me out. He doesn't even look the same!  He's changed the most since I have been gone! Thank you for the e-mails and updates! It's so nice to hear from all of you! I hope that you are able to feel of my love and the love that the Lord has for you as well! I'm excited for Brandon to join the missionaries and to serve in Paris! It will bring great blessings for their family! I hope that you all have a great week and I will talk to you soon! I LOVE YOU!
With all my love,
Sister Johnson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment