Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 25, 2013




Family,
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! oh how I am grateful with all of my heart for all that you do individually and together for me. Your sacrifices for me have been many and I am forever in debt to you for them. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have so many things to be grateful for each and every day. There is something that the people of South Florida have taught me and that's to thank God for waking me up each and every day. This is a line that a lot of people here say as they open their prayers and its something that I had taken for granted- the very breathe I use each and every day. I hope you all enjoy the holidays together! We have been offered two Thanksgiving dinners so... that will be interesting! One is at 12 and the other at 4... so we have some wiggle time? ha. I pray that Jake gets to eat something that he likes! This past week we saw many many miracles! We were able to have a baptism this past Sunday! Thank the heavens! :) he's Y.S.A (that's basically all I've baptized on my mission and I'm so okay with that) and from the time we met him, he was baptized 10 days later! This is proof that the Lord has many prepared to receive the restored gospel! We are also going to start teaching his twin brother which I am excited about! We were knocking doors and we saw him sitting out side. So we walked up to him, said a prayer with him, invited him to be baptized and he said yes. So then we started teaching him. He came to church and enjoyed it. Kept teaching him then he had his interview. Came to church for the second time and got baptized after service! yahoooo! I am so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord! wow! He just sends miracles right to you after you have done all you can do! The dentist said he got your thank you note mom and that they really appreciated it because no one offers gratitude for their service. So thank you for making the time to do that!
Thank you dad for your inspiring e-mail! That is something I am still working on is being grateful for what I do get done in a day and working on things day by day! I am improving and that's what counts!
I am looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks! I'm finishing strong! I've been working hard I am delightfully exhausted when I get home each night! I love the work, I love the people and most of all I love the Lord. I hope you all enjoy your week with days off and Thanksgiving family time! I will talk to you next week!

with ALL my love,
sister johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment