Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012 Great Day!



 
 
Hello Family,
 
Well, another week has gone by very quickly for me! I hope that it has done the same for you! Happy 1st of October! Its crazy to think that its already that time of the year! It feels like just yesterday that I was filling out my papers... time is going by fast for me! I am finally hitting that point in my mission where i love it! i love everything about it! I love the people, the different cultures, the heat... you name it - i love it! That's great that all the boys got to go camping! memorable experiences like that are the best! i still remember a lot of young women's and girls camp! i cherish those experiences!  I love, love, loved the relief society broadcast! the talks were incredible and the spirit was so strong! everything here is two hours later so it did start at eight. I had a long day on Saturday and that was a great day to end it! and on top of that, i got my package from you that night!!  I love the FL cookie cutter! sooo cute! My roommates wanted to make cookies right then! haha. The jar definitely reminds me of you! I'm glad we both have one :) the pictures that you sent were soo good! i miss everyone but when i see pics i feel like i was there for all the fun! Devry is adorable! I was laughing so hard when you said that she doesn't like to take the helmet off! that is so funny! shes just a fireball fulll of energy! i look forward to seeing pics of what you are working on for emma! its going to look fabulous!! for sure!
 
Your prayers are being answered mom because I am doing very well and I am more than happy! Life for me now is different but, the same! I love sharing the restored gospel with others! Makes me wonder why I never did it before! well i am ashamed of what i eat haha... we don't get fed by any member because we are in ysa. so whenever we are home i cook. but when we are out... we eat fast food. most wendys.... haha its terrible! i am looking forward to having time to cook and eat when i get home! i am more than warm here! its still in the high 80's most of the time! i stay dry for the most part because it usually rains in the morning or at night! i will send pics in my coat the next time it pours haha! i talk to amazing people everyday! i haven't had any bad experiences with people yet. everyone here is very nice and loves jesus. so its all good! :) one of my favorite things about being here is meeting people from all over! there are so many different cultures here and i love it! one min we will be talking to some one from jamaica the next min  we are talking with someone from haiti and the next min we are talking to someone from the domincan republic! its the coolest thing ever! one of our recent converts, robert,  hes this big hatian. (ive sent pics) but hes been here for a while so he kinda acts american but still has his other ways! its always fun talking with him!
 
my comp has been sick almost all week. she has a super bad cough but they are having her wait a little bit longer before she goes in to the DR. So one day we didn't go out hardly at all. i enjoyed it. i studied a lot, took a bath, studied some more and watched lots of church movies! and she slept... like all day and night. ha. she is doing a little bit better now. it was her 1 year mark on the 28th so we went and got frozen yogurt for lunch! yummy!! one of the movies i watched was about pres monson!  l loved it! i learned that he became a bishop when he was 22. that was mind blowing! Grandma johnson sent me a package this week too! i am so blessed to have so much support from all of you! i appreciate it more than words can describe! it always give me that extra boost!
 
In my patriartical blessing it talks about how i need to study the gifts and blessings given to Abraham, issac and jacob because they can be mine... so i was studying and came across some amazing things! I read that its the tribe of ephriams privilege to bear the message of the restoration of the gospel to the world and to gather scattered israel. i am so grateful for the opportunity that i have to serve a mission. this truly is the best experience i have ever had. i have found so much peace and comfort and i have learned a lot about myself and the plan that heavenly father has for me! and each one of us! i am beyond excited for grandpa to go through the temple! i cant wait to hear all about it! i love hearing that everyone is doing well! its music to my ears! and we all know how much i love music! i cant wait to write you all again next week! stay strong! i love you! i love you! i love you!!
 
love always, sister johnson
 
"Our strength to endure faithfully depends upon recognizing, remembering, and holding sacred that which we receive from above." - elder paul b pieper
 
p.s.s. elder joshua call from SV is in my district. super funny. we are always talking about SV and all the good times! i just new of him in high school.. he seems cool...
 
p.s.s.s I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL! YOU ARE THE BEST! XOXOXO
 
1.yogurt for comps 1 year
2. madeline did a hatian braid in my hair
3. elder joshua call

No comments:

Post a Comment