Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8, 2012



 
 
Well as always I have so much to say and so little time to say it. I was happy to get emails this week! I love hearing how the families past week went and what everyone has been up to! and my favorite thing is to hear how everyone is doing! My heart is filled with excitement for the work after listening to conference! It was amazing! My favorite talk was by Elder Holland. I have been studying John 21 for about a month now. And to hear that talk was the cherry on top. Every day I think about the things said in that chapter and the many different lessons that are taught. I have promised myself and the Lord, ever sinse I started studying it about I month ago, that I will feed his sheep. I will share His gospel, and I will devote my life to serving His children. I could go on days and days about how much I loved conference! I was blown away to hear the new of 18 and 19 year old young men and women being able to serve! That is wonderful news! and a testimony to me of the rising generations! I am excited for these young people to serve. I know like I am talking like a am old or something ha. but I feel old now. I am going to be an old sister when all the 19 year olds start coming in! :) but I am so happy for them!
 
Mom, you won't believe what happened! so last week I told you I was staying dry.... Monday night it rained so hard! and there wasn't any close parking in our apt complex so we had to park far away from our apt. needless to say, we got soaked! i was laughing because all i could think about is how just a few hours earlier i had told you it didn't rain that often. then on tues we got soaked again when we were out harvesting/tracting. we had a member with us and not a inch of our body was dry! it happens.... i guess i shouldn't of said anything haha.
 
Sister Anderson (presidents wife) came out with us one evening for about two hours! it was a wonderful experience! i learned a lot from her and we were able to teach two really spiritual lessons! sister anderson is very soft spoken but she speaks with power and love. last month our mission broke our record of 141 baptisms and we baptized 143! so excited! that many more people of come unto Jesus Christ and are now receiving the blessings that come through his atonement. I have seen so many blessings from serving a mission and i have only been out here for four months! Grandma Johnson told me that she goes to church every Sunday! that is an improvement! Grandpa is going through the temple! i couldn't be more excited for him! i KNOW that he is going to have a wonderful, and spiritual experience! I've gained a stronger testimony and a grater understanding for my purpose in life. i am being so blessed! and i know that all of you are too! Heavenly Father loves each one of us! he will never forget us! there is a song that i love- you should look it up :) its on mormonchannel.org. and in the search box you type in, "have i done any good in the world today" its sooo good! I've always enjoyed that hymn and now i love it even more! let me know what you think! i had a great study on life after death this week! D&C 138 is full of treasures! i know that from studying this section i gained a greater knowledge of the plan of salvation and more peace had yet again been brought to my heart concerning the loss of our loved ones.(the purple flowers at conference made me think of grandma and you mom! they were so pretty) the stake sends out a monthly letter that updates on things going on in the valley. its always nice to get them! also, i got a letter from Katie yesterday! she is so awesome! i loved her homemade card and the bookmarks that she sent from the YSA class that her and Allen teach! my comp is slowly getting better. she finally got some antibiotics to help her get rid of her cough. we had to stay home another day this week... and yet again i had lots of time to study, ponder, watch church movies, take a bath, and bake! it was a good day, just a long one. well for the miracle of the week (there were many) last Sunday a girl named Cristal went to the family ward where our branch presidents wife attends church. sister Williams spoke with Cristal and got all of her information and gave it to us. so we followed up with her a few days later. Cristal is 18. before she moved her she was attending an LDS church with friends for about two years. she has an incredible testimony and has read the BOM more than once. she has the purest heart and is so powerful in spirit! she was waiting until she was 18 to get baptized to respect her parents. she moved here right after she turned 18 and hadn't gone to church for about a year. she kept receiving promptings to look up where the nearest chapel was so she could go this past Sunday. she found one, went, met sister Williams, and because of all of this, she was baptized Sunday (yesterday) before conference. it was amazing! she has truly been prepared by the hand of our Heavenly Father to be baptized at this time of her life. she has strengthened me in so many ways in just the few short days that i have known her. i feel like i have known her my whole life and she is an incredible daughter of God! i hope she serves a mission... but she has a missionary... so we will see what happens. dont worry, i will tell you her whole story when i get home! haha her family was able to come to the baptism and they LOVED it! hopefully they can be baptized soon too! Cristal is going to change lives! she has already changed mine! i love being a missionary here in Florida! i am excited for jacob to now have the opportunity to serve as soon as he wants to.  Heavenly Father will help him too! he just needs positive support. everything else like the truck, and work, and school will work itself out! he needs to get out here! i sent him an email. hopefully he is getting them. i never hear back haha. thank you for sending my recipe book mom :) i am looking forward to getting it! thank you family for all of the love and encouragment that you send me! i am so happy! i feel so blessed to be able to serve a mission. to serve my Savior and to help other come unto christ. i hope that all of you have a fantastic week! i love you, i pray for you, and i am always thinking of you!
 
with all of my love, sister johnson
                                 I LOVE MY FAMILY 

No comments:

Post a Comment