Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012

(Sorry, photos are not uploading the last two weeks.  I will try to fix this problem!  Tami)


Hey Family,

This past week was full of change and adventure. The wind and rain hasn't been too bad.. We have gotten wet a few times and almost blew away once but besides that we are good :) and we are safe! You never have to worry about me, I am in good hands! It makes for some good memories.  My new companion is Sister Corey Holyan she is from a reservation in north Arizona. She is a native American! I love her! We already get along really well and i know that we are going to see a lot of miracles this transfer! We actually entered the MTC together but she is a Spanish speaking sister so out here she is a transfer behind me, which makes me senior comp. Its definitely a new experience to be over the area and everything else. I have received so much guidance and direction this past week and have found so much comfort in sharing the gospel with others. Sister andrus was the only one to move out of our apt. I miss her! I didn't realize how much she taught me until she left! That's okay I will see her again sometime soon :) On transfer day we loaded up the car with her bags and bike and drove there and put it into her new car with her new comp! Transfers are amazing. It is definitely a nerve racking experience though. You sit and stare at the screen and the APs announce your new comp or the new area that you are going too. Once your name appears and you find out the change that will be taking place its not so bad! Oh, I have been driving! yep that's right, I have been driving in the crazy Florida traffic! haha its actually not bad at all. It felt weird the first few days of driving just cuz I haven't driven for 4+ months! Which brings me to my next news... next week I will hit 5 months! Can you believe it? I sure cant! The months just fly by out here! Which i am grateful for! It would be very challenging if it didn't. I am not sure what to write in this email... i am just trying to recoup from last week.

The other day we were walking in a trailer park (that is prob the size of the entire valley, its huge haha) and we saw these three young people walking toward us. I recognized the girl because we had prayed with her before. So we walked up to her and her two guy friends and said hi and then asked the guys (paul and dakota) if we could walk with them to their house and pray with them as well. they said yes. paul is 20 and dakota is 18 i think... anyways we get to there house and i say the prayer. the spirit was really strong and my heart was very tender as i offered the prayer. after i was done and we all opened our eyes, paul was wiping tears from his face and expressed gratitude for the prayer. we invited them to be baptized and they now have a date for nov 11. These YSA out here have had rough, really rough lives. As I prayed my heart ached for the things that they bad been through and the lives that they were living. The blessings I promised them in the prayer can only be found through following the example of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to have to gospel in my life and to know what I know! The gospel brings me the greatest joy and happiness.

Another experience we had that following day is when we stopped and talked to three girls all young womens age. The one was dressed like and looked like a boy. and the other two were twin sisters. they had piercings and looked very lost. We left a prayer with them and again, my heart was tender as we prayed with these three very special daughters of our Heavenly Father. I looked at them and saw the potential that they have. And thought to myself, "they should be going to mutual tonight, they should be striving to receive their young womens medallion... they should be surrounded by people who LOVE THEM AND SHOW IT!" After we were done talking with them I thought a lot about my experience in young womens and just how much is has meant to me over the years. Mom, thank you for helping me with all of the projects and for helping me receive the blessings that come from doing the young womens program. And to my young women leaders I am very grateful for as well. " ...we believe as we come to accept and act upon these values we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation." (YW theme) As I have been able to go though the temple and have many spiritual experiences sense, I relate a good portion of these blessings to the young womens program! I am so grateful for all that I am blessed with! My heart is constantly full of gratitude for the life I have and for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I hope this letter finds you all well. I love and miss each one of you all the time. You are always in my prayers. Thank you for helping me have this opportunity to serve our Savior, Jesus Christ, and to gain a greater knowledge of my purpose in life. I know that there is great strength that comes from reading the scriptures. let me know where you are reading :) i love to hear about it! i hope everyone has an awesome Halloween! its one of my favorite holidays! you will have to send me lots of pics :)!  please let me know if there is anything i can do for you from here! We are going to the beach today for p-day I will send pictures next week! Well let me rephrase that, we are going to go walk on the pier at the Hollywood beach today! :) haha well family, i love you, i miss you, and i look forward to hear from you next week! take care! talk to you soon!

love love love, sister johnson

XOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment